This is so dumb

1 guy dead 3 gens left.

Suddenly without a reason someone DCs and 20 seconds later the guy with the key found hatch and the last one was with him.

Easy entity Displeased.

DCs are used as a tool by now.

Comments

  • Your math doesn't add up. If there were 3 gens left, that means they repaired 2, so the hatch couldn't have spawned yet. That was either an extremely rare glitch or a straight-up cheat.

  • If there were 3 gens left the hatch would not have been visible with 2 players still in the match. Would need there to be 2 gens left to use key for those last two players to escape. If hatch was visible early this is a bug and you should send bug report for them to fix.

  • @Orion said:

    Your math doesn't add up. If there were 3 gens left, that means they repaired 2, so the hatch couldn't have spawned yet. That was either an extremely rare glitch or a straight-up cheat.

    The hatch spawns dependent on how many survivors are left in the trial and how many gens are completed. With one guy dead and one guy who DC'd that means two survivors were left, which I think means the hatch does appear since 2 generators were done.

    And both of them escaped with the key one guy had.

    So makes sense to me

  • @Seiko300 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1364130#Comment_1364130

    The hatch spawns dependent on how many survivors are left in the trial and how many gens are completed. With one guy dead and one guy who DC'd that means two survivors were left, which I think means the hatch does appear since 2 generators were done.

    And both of them escaped with the key one guy had.

    So makes sense to me

    The hatch spawns when the number of repaired generators exceeds the number of remaining survivors. Two survivors left means they would have had to repair three or more generators, not two.

  • @Seiko300 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1364130#Comment_1364130

    The hatch spawns dependent on how many survivors are left in the trial and how many gens are completed. With one guy dead and one guy who DC'd that means two survivors were left, which I think means the hatch does appear since 2 generators were done.

    And both of them escaped with the key one guy had.

    So makes sense to me

    For the hatch to spawn with 2 survivors left you need 3 gens done. It's number of survivors left +1.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1364143#Comment_1364143

    The hatch spawns when the number of repaired generators exceeds the number of remaining survivors. Two survivors left means they would have had to repair three or more generators, not two.

    I double checked just now, yeah you're right that's my bad. It could be that OP just recounted the story differently than how it actually happened or maybe a typo and accidentally typed "3 gens left" instead of "3 gens completed"

    His story was too close to the actual truth to be considered a lie though, with the difference being only one generator to make it feasible or not. I hardly think it was a bug or a cheat so I'm just guessing when I say OP probably just got the details mixed up

  • @Seiko300 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1364150#Comment_1364150

    I double checked just now, yeah you're right that's my bad. It could be that OP just recounted the story differently than how it actually happened or maybe a typo and accidentally typed "3 gens left" instead of "3 gens completed"

    His story was too close to the actual truth to be considered a lie though, with the difference of only one generator. I hardly think it was a bug or a cheat so I'm just guessing when I say OP got the details mixed up

    I never said it was a lie, I said the math didn't add up and listed two possibilities, both of which depend on the story being true and accurate.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1364158#Comment_1364158

    I never said it was a lie, I said the math didn't add up and listed two possibilities, both of which depend on the story being true and accurate.

    Well I never said you did, I just pointed out that I don't think he made the story up, nor that it was either of the two possibilities you listed because neither seem very likely. And that a far likelier and more simple explanation is that OP mixed up his details since again, the difference was only one generator.

  • @Orion said:

    Your math doesn't add up. If there were 3 gens left, that means they repaired 2, so the hatch couldn't have spawned yet. That was either an extremely rare glitch or a straight-up cheat.

    Nah it was me confusing words: three gens done

  • Well, the DC was still unrelated. They couldn't have seen the hatch or known where it was before that DC.

  • I think i got confused while writing. There were three people left and 3 gens done --> one has to DC so hatch spawns.

    They were a 4 man ( at least thats what it seems like because at the first hook they tried to sabo and bodyblock wich left 1 on hook and 2 people injured. then 1 gen popped, I got into another chase with an injured person the others heal up.

    Then I run into the first person again, i took a long time to get them down again and just as i hooked the person 2 gens pop.

    I see a person right next to the hook and down them. --> DC and the person on the hook let themselves die.

    20 seconds later both of the other survivor escaped though hatch. Thats the complete story of the game.

    Yes I got confused while writing that down, but the topic of this Thread is DCing as a weapon.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1364176#Comment_1364176

    Well, the DC was still unrelated. They couldn't have seen the hatch or known where it was before that DC.

    Yes? It was luck, i wrote down 20 seconds later. But the DC was without a reason, it would have been first hook for this person.

    They DCd and the other one was dead, now its 2 gens 2 people and They have a good chance to find the hatch.

  • @RayrafLPP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1364179#Comment_1364179

    Yes? It was luck, i wrote down 20 seconds later. But the DC was without a reason, it would have been first hook for this person.

    They DCd and the other one was dead, now its 2 gens 2 people and They have a good chance to find the hatch.

    It's just that this:

    DCs are used as a tool by now.

    Made it sound like you thought the DC was intentional.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1364206#Comment_1364206

    It's just that this:

    DCs are used as a tool by now.

    Made it sound like you thought the DC was intentional.

    well because it was.

    4 man.

    3 gens done.

    rescue failed so the person DCs and the one on hook lets herself die.

    2 gens 2 people one of them with a key.

    now they have a good chance to find the hatch with the key. Thats due to the DC