Do BHVR read the international section?

Everyone knows that to post something in other language we should post it on the international section of the forum. Do BHVR read this posts? And also do they use Google translate to translate, what in case of doing it on my language can go wrong pretty fast

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • I'm fairly certain they read that section, yes. It'd be silly to have it otherwise if they couldn't even moderate it.

    If memory serves you speak Portuguese, right? In my experience, Google Translate is fairly OK at translating from Portuguese to English and vice-versa, as long as no abbreviations or slang terms are used.

  • @Orion said:

    I'm fairly certain they read that section, yes. It'd be silly to have it otherwise if they couldn't even moderate it.

    If memory serves you speak Portuguese, right? In my experience, Google Translate is fairly OK at translating from Portuguese to English and vice-versa, as long as no abbreviations or slang terms are used.

    Thats the main problem, Brazilians don't speak Portuguese correctly, you going to see mistakes like, instead of but, it will be Plus, also our main ability is to use slangs and abbreviations in everything. And to be honest, Portuguese to English translation is terrible, I only search one word at the time so I can know what it is trying to say

  • @USELESS said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1359408#Comment_1359408

    Thats the main problem, Brazilians don't speak Portuguese correctly, you going to see mistakes like, instead of but, it will be Plus, also our main ability is to use slangs and abbreviations in everything. And to be honest, Portuguese to English translation is terrible, I only search one word at the time so I can know what it is trying to say

    yep can confirm

    Portugues to english in google translate is horrible

    bad example but:

    "I miss you"

    Google translate: "Eu sinto sua falta"

    Proper translation: "Eu tenho saudades tuas"

  • @USELESS said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1359408#Comment_1359408

    Thats the main problem, Brazilians don't speak Portuguese correctly, you going to see mistakes like, instead of but, it will be Plus, also our main ability is to use slangs and abbreviations in everything. And to be honest, Portuguese to English translation is terrible, I only search one word at the time so I can know what it is trying to say

    I'm aware that Brazilian Portuguese and European Portuguese are different. However, 99% of all websites that have Portuguese as an option always favor Brazilian Portuguese over European Portuguese, including Google. Furthermore, the particular example you gave is about speech, not writing, at least from what I've seen and heard from both Portuguese and Brazilian people.

    Finally, you can just choose not to use slang and abbreviations if you're trying to communicate clearly. That's entirely up to you.

  • @Thatbrownmonster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1359414#Comment_1359414

    yep can confirm

    Portugues to english in google translate is horrible

    bad example but:

    "I miss you"

    Google translate: "Eu sinto sua falta"

    Proper translation: "Eu tenho saudades tuas"

    The issue there being that "saudade" is untranslatable. It's a word that often pops up in "Words that cannot be translated to other languages" lists.

  • Yes, we have our own specific language moderators for that section.