Cage Rescues should award the same BPs as Unhooks

Hello,

Rescues from a Cage should award the same amount of BPs as Unhooks.

Rescueing a Survivor from a Hook gives 1000 Altruism Points + additional 500 points if it was a safe Unhook.

Rescueing someone from a Cage awards 550 Boldness Points. Not only are those points only a third of the amount for a safe Unhook, but also they are awarded in Boldness - the easiest Category to max out points.

I dont know if there is any difference between Cages/Hooks for the KIller, but if this is the case, the points should also be the same.

Comments

  • I can confirm that there is a difference. Both in emblems and bp.

  • Sorry to ask you here @Peanits , but can you give some insight on this?

    Would have asked for the Q&A, but the Questions are closed. So why is the BP-Reward for rescueing from a Cage only a third from what it would be for an Unhook AND also in another Category?

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Hello,

    Rescues from a Cage should award the same amount of BPs as Unhooks.

    Rescueing a Survivor from a Hook gives 1000 Altruism Points + additional 500 points if it was a safe Unhook.

    Rescueing someone from a Cage awards 550 Boldness Points. Not only are those points only a third of the amount for a safe Unhook, but also they are awarded in Boldness - the easiest Category to max out points.

    I dont know if there is any difference between Cages/Hooks for the KIller, but if this is the case, the points should also be the same.

    I think you have less point because its easier to save someone when he is cage but that my opinion on this i believe this can be a bug too its a new patch so bug are part of it

  • @batax90 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/161585/cage-rescues-should-award-the-same-bps-as-unhooks

    I think you have less point because its easier to save someone when he is cage but that my opinion on this i believe this can be a bug too its a new patch so bug are part of it

    This would explain the amount of points, but not the different category (Boldness instead of Altruism).

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1359192#Comment_1359192

    This would explain the amount of points, but not the different category (Boldness instead of Altruism).

    I think its boldness because the cage are part of the killer so in a way you interact with the killer when you uncage someone this is the only explanation i can think of

  • @batax90 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1359194#Comment_1359194

    I think its boldness because the cage are part of the killer so in a way you interact with the killer when you uncage someone this is the only explanation i can think of

    But then it would make sense it's half for each.

  • Oh man, that's kinda wild. Yeah, there's absolutely no reason to give survivors fewer points for something that is straight-up trading one hook for something less valuable. Don't punish survs for something they have no control over.

  • I made a different post asking if killers were missing out on BP for caging and this was the answer I got for breakdown.

    "instead of 500 and 200 in sacrifice, the 500 becomes a deviousness scoring event for caging. It counts correctly for the emblems, but it does lower your sacrifice scores. Final Judgement is a flat 1000 to sacrifice."