Switching from controller to kbm
Man, this is a tough switch. I spent quite a while playing DBD on PS4, plus I’ve been gaming on console for years, so my ability with a controller is pretty good. My keyboard and mouse skills, on the other hand, are super rusty.
For anyone else who’s made a switch from one to the other, how long did it take until you felt natural using the new input method? Trying to mindgame as killer is so difficult when I feel like I’m using someone else’s hands to press the keys.
The precision a mouse gives you is really nice, so I’ll stick with it. But I’m struggling a bit, especially against good loopers.
Comments
Yeah, it gets way easier after a while though, don't worry. Also, it took me about 4 days but I used to play on PC quite often anyway.
I got a new PC in January, but I hadn’t played on PC for about 10 years before that so I’m rusty as heck. D: Just gotta keep practising I guess. I don’t mind losing matches but it feels frustrating to lose because I keep pressing the wrong button, lmao.
You'll get used to it eventually. I've found controller is much better for survivor (because of the easy 360's) but MaK is better for killer (because it's a lot more comfortable to counter 360's and mindgame). But, MaK is good for survivor in the sense that you can hug walls really well. And anyways, after about 1 year of MaK, I'm quite good at 360's now lol.
Yeah, I’m still using controller for survivor for the time being. I’ll probably switch over eventually but at least this way I don’t get totally frustrated. The biggest difference I’ve noticed between controller and keyboard for survivor is that fast vaults seem way more consistent.