Current Matchmaking is better after rank reset

I am observing this for a few months already. 

So as a killer, I was reset to rank 12. I am getting matched with purple, yellow and green ranks. 

And in the most matches I get at least 2 kills, event when I am being matched with SWF teams. 

I am currently happy with the current matchmaking atm. 


But... as I've observed last month, and the month before, after 7 days from rank reset, I am getting 

matched mostly with red ranks and they are experienced players. This is an issue. 

After the first week the matchmaking gets really broken and I am being outplayed by experienced players. 

This makes me bring my sweatiest addons and use moris, tunnel, facecamp and use noed, so that I can get at least a brutal killer. 

But, this strategy does not work well all the time. And often I am getting demoted... 


Once I got demoted to yellow rank... guess what? I am still getting matched with red ranks. F##k.


At least now and maybe for next few days I am enjoying playing this game, but in a week, I believe I'd better play something else and let red ranks bully some other low rank killers.  

Comments

  • Matchmaking is broken, we all know it. All you can do right now is buy DLC characters to get their amazing perks like pop, bbq, corrupt and infectious.

  • If getting Brutal Killer is what you want, let yourself de-pip back to 16, then next rank reset you'll be rank 17... Matchmaking probably won't be any better, but at rank 17 and worse you get at least Brutal Killer no matter what. It's pretty sweet.

    Time of day seems to influence what ranks I get in my lobbies more than anything. I played one match as killer last night, rank 17, and my lobby had a yellow, two purples, and a red. If I play during the day, I'm more likely to get matched with players closer to my own rank.

  • I disagree. I am in red rank as survivor. I got three killers tonight that were rank 13-15.