Oni advice

I play DBD on PS4 and I want to know your honest opinion on playing the Oni with a controller. Regardless the platform he's labeled as a hard killer to master, so just how difficult is it to pull off a dash attack with a controller? Personally I want his nemesis teachable but is he still a viable killer to play on console?

Comments

  • I was going to link you a video, but that video is based on PC game play.

    Unfortunately, most of the top tier killers are heavily limited on console (and Oni is a top tier killer).

  • @Mister_Holdout said:

    I was going to link you a video, but that video is based on PC game play.

    Unfortunately, most of the top tier killers are heavily limited on console (and Oni is a top tier killer).

    Yeah I've watched quite a few videos of him being played on PC, but since I'll be leveling him up for the nemesis teachable I was just curious of how easy or difficult it is with a controller. I know his dash attacks can be made a little bit more precise with a mouse, but I wonder how it is with a joystick?

  • Oni works great with a controller, people saying otherwise are high.

  • Does anyone find it difficult to play as Oni in general? Is there a steep learning curve?

  • @SweetTerror said:

    Does anyone find it difficult to play as Oni in general? Is there a steep learning curve?

    I'm on PC, and i just bought him with shards. Let's say i missed all my demon strikes in first two matches.

  • @OmegaXII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1352522#Comment_1352522

    I'm on PC, and i just bought him with shards. Let's say i missed all my demon strikes in first two matches.

    Ouch.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    Does anyone find it difficult to play as Oni in general? Is there a steep learning curve?

    I would definetely say that he has quite a difficult learning curve.Knowing when and how to use his power will take some time to master,but once you've mastered him playing with oni is relatively easy (There is pretty much no difference in playing Oni on PC or console).

  • Honestly I think Oni is better on console. I used to play him all the time when I was on ps4 but when I moved to pc he just got so much harder.

  • He is fun! Oni is currently in my rotation and I must say, he is not that hard to play, he is not completely braindead but he is not nurse tier of difficult neither