Ideas that keep running in my mind

So I've been playing Dead by Daylight for a couple years and I've never really been one to post about them on the forums, but thought I'd take some advice and give it a shot. With all th changes and everything that comes in DbD there have been a few I'd like to see that could either shake up the Mets builds, and even help both sides.

Firstly a change to prestige. With every character having their set of teachable, what if there was a hidden teachable that could only be obtained and leveled though prestiging. Not only would the teachable be limited by the level of the p1-3 character but it could be a pink perk since there are pink add-ons. There would be two catches, the first is the teachable max level is based on the prestige level of the character meaning you couldn't get level two of the perk if the corresponding character isn't p2-3. The second is that since it's a pink perk, you would only be limited to 1 pink per build you bring in a match. I think doing so would give players a reason to prestige as well as it shows dedication towards the time you place into the game. Not to mention it could change the same perks both sides see per match.

Another thought that runs through my mind is adding a bracket, link or color code at the end game screen next to survivors names or just on the tally screen if they want to be discreet. It would show if your teammates were swf or if the round had any. I've run into matches when playing survivor and was curious as to why players acted a certain way and have the same thought when I'm killer. If the team was just really good at their gameplay or are they swf. It's not like the survivors themselves have to be outed, hell it could be just a simple icon near the 1-5 how did you like the match vote. It would be a small quality of life change that at least could shine light on gameplay of others.

With the Ruin change and the working with others bumped to 15% I barely notice a difference whether it be with a swf, solo or killer. I think a main problem with gen speed though is swf since they usually have mic. Something that has been on my mind is what if they changed how gens worked, I know they seems scared to approach buffing gen speed but by not doing so these other changes don't seem to help. What if instead of touching majority gen speed, they changed how swf gen speeds are? Possibly add a max 5 seconds per person in swf. 2/3/4 swf would be 10/15/20 seconds total. That alone would mainly effect swf who already have open mics for a 4v1 without any penalty beyond their own gameplay or that of the killers.

Mori and keys are always a hot topic, I've yet to really figure out how to nerf the keys other than add a progression bar to opening the hatch for a more realistic type of key instead of it being just a click and you escape. Mori on the other hand, I've thought of a few ways they could rework them, especially after seeing the new chapter. Yellow Mori is always a weird one with how everyone has to leave or be dead to get the Mori on the last person. What if a small tweek to it was once all 5 gens are done they could just Mori that one person instead of other stipulations added by the last person on the map part. Green could be the same or change it to on death hook as well as Ebony. I main thing with Ebony is I've heard other ideas like once everyone is hooked or everyone has to be on death hook. That's taking alot into account, you could be up against a swf, an extremely good looper, bodyguards players. Seriously kinda depends, but where the survivor dictates a power, map or offering makes it far less effective or useful. Then comes the pyramid head kills, maybe they could incorporate all killers having a final kill and the ebony would be you could be allowed to use a unique kill animation.

Lastly something that I was thinking was what if they changed the EGC to when the 5th gen is done. That way the survivors are more pressed to get out of a map. 99% a door could still be done but to avoid certain perks like normal, and to compensate for it starting that way they could buff the time up on EGC by a minute to account for the change. The EGC would be the normal time if the killer closes the hatch though possibly. I know I get tired of having to either deal with hook trades, face camps to secure a kill, people opening a door before someone is downed and start a EGC. So this change could make it more of a tense reason to leave the match faster.

For the TL;DR type: this is a summary of stuff said

Prestige bonus: pink perk idea

SWF endgame notification icon

SWF gen change

Mori and key change

EGC rework

Right now that's all I can think about adding to this and hopefully I can get some decent feedback and opinions to start a conversation with what I've mentioned as adults. If I can think of others I'll be sure to add or start another thread. And if you did read what was fully said, thank you for your time spent here. Be safe everyone.

Comments

  • Prestige bonus: pink perk idea<---sounds quite interesting, but Perks have been mediocre at best recently. Also there will be Prestige Rewards in the future, we will see what it will be.

    SWF endgame notification icon<---End of the game - sure.

    SWF gen change<--- No. Gens are already the most boring part of the game. No need to make them last longer. It would also hurt Solos who get paired with SWFs.

    EGC rework<--No. EGC is a thing to force the game to an end. It is not meant to be a tool for the Killer to get more Kills, despite being killer-sided.

  • @Zyferis said:

    So I've been playing Dead by Daylight for a couple years and I've never really been one to post about them on the forums, but thought I'd take some advice and give it a shot. With all th changes and everything that comes in DbD there have been a few I'd like to see that could either shake up the Mets builds, and even help both sides.

    Firstly a change to prestige. With every character having their set of teachable, what if there was a hidden teachable that could only be obtained and leveled though prestiging. Not only would the teachable be limited by the level of the p1-3 character but it could be a pink perk since there are pink add-ons. There would be two catches, the first is the teachable max level is based on the prestige level of the character meaning you couldn't get level two of the perk if the corresponding character isn't p2-3. The second is that since it's a pink perk, you would only be limited to 1 pink per build you bring in a match. I think doing so would give players a reason to prestige as well as it shows dedication towards the time you place into the game. Not to mention it could change the same perks both sides see per match.

    Another thought that runs through my mind is adding a bracket, link or color code at the end game screen next to survivors names or just on the tally screen if they want to be discreet. It would show if your teammates were swf or if the round had any. I've run into matches when playing survivor and was curious as to why players acted a certain way and have the same thought when I'm killer. If the team was just really good at their gameplay or are they swf. It's not like the survivors themselves have to be outed, hell it could be just a simple icon near the 1-5 how did you like the match vote. It would be a small quality of life change that at least could shine light on gameplay of others.

    With the Ruin change and the working with others bumped to 15% I barely notice a difference whether it be with a swf, solo or killer. I think a main problem with gen speed though is swf since they usually have mic. Something that has been on my mind is what if they changed how gens worked, I know they seems scared to approach buffing gen speed but by not doing so these other changes don't seem to help. What if instead of touching majority gen speed, they changed how swf gen speeds are? Possibly add a max 5 seconds per person in swf. 2/3/4 swf would be 10/15/20 seconds total. That alone would mainly effect swf who already have open mics for a 4v1 without any penalty beyond their own gameplay or that of the killers.

    Mori and keys are always a hot topic, I've yet to really figure out how to nerf the keys other than add a progression bar to opening the hatch for a more realistic type of key instead of it being just a click and you escape. Mori on the other hand, I've thought of a few ways they could rework them, especially after seeing the new chapter. Yellow Mori is always a weird one with how everyone has to leave or be dead to get the Mori on the last person. What if a small tweek to it was once all 5 gens are done they could just Mori that one person instead of other stipulations added by the last person on the map part. Green could be the same or change it to on death hook as well as Ebony. I main thing with Ebony is I've heard other ideas like once everyone is hooked or everyone has to be on death hook. That's taking alot into account, you could be up against a swf, an extremely good looper, bodyguards players. Seriously kinda depends, but where the survivor dictates a power, map or offering makes it far less effective or useful. Then comes the pyramid head kills, maybe they could incorporate all killers having a final kill and the ebony would be you could be allowed to use a unique kill animation.

    Lastly something that I was thinking was what if they changed the EGC to when the 5th gen is done. That way the survivors are more pressed to get out of a map. 99% a door could still be done but to avoid certain perks like normal, and to compensate for it starting that way they could buff the time up on EGC by a minute to account for the change. The EGC would be the normal time if the killer closes the hatch though possibly. I know I get tired of having to either deal with hook trades, face camps to secure a kill, people opening a door before someone is downed and start a EGC. So this change could make it more of a tense reason to leave the match faster.

    For the TL;DR type: this is a summary of stuff said

    Prestige bonus: pink perk idea

    SWF endgame notification icon

    SWF gen change

    Mori and key change

    EGC rework

    Right now that's all I can think about adding to this and hopefully I can get some decent feedback and opinions to start a conversation with what I've mentioned as adults. If I can think of others I'll be sure to add or start another thread. And if you did read what was fully said, thank you for your time spent here. Be safe everyone.

    I agree with the pink perk idea. I've always thought the motive for prestiging was on the weaker side. You get a skin, and nothing else. Unlocking a cool perk would make it worth it. True, the devs most likely won't like coming up with a new perk for every killer and survivor, but that doesn't mean it's not worth doing.

  • Prestige 1 on Dwight unlock his Bond to tier4, P2 unlock Provethyself to tier4, P3 unlock Leader to tier4.

    That will make characters have something exclusive from others. Also good rewards for Prestige