Switching from XBOX to PC

So I’m switching from Dead By Daylight on XBOX to PC in a couple days even though I had almost 3K hours on Xbox. Is it harder to learn how to play on a Keybord than a controller? What is the PC community like? What should I expect? Any comments or advice or anything?..... sorry for all the questions I’m just excited and a bit nervous about it.

Comments

  • My advice is hide the chat bar at post game.

  • @Dreamnomad said:

    My advice is hide the chat bar at post game.

    Will do :O

  • flicking is easier on PC. Easier to hit people trying to 360 you with proper mouse movement. Nurse is easier to play on PC because, again, flicking with the mouse.

  • @Babyyy_Boyy said:

    So I’m switching from Dead By Daylight on XBOX to PC in a couple days even though I had almost 3K hours on Xbox. Is it harder to learn how to play on a Keybord than a controller? What is the PC community like? What should I expect? Any comments or advice or anything?..... sorry for all the questions I’m just excited and a bit nervous about it.

    As a former console pleb myself I can tell you for sure that the switch from controller to M/K is very uncomfortable. You will be tempted to use a controller and it takes a while to get use to. That being said once you do get use to it you will never go back. Be patient until you can get comfortable with the M/K.

  • Welcome to the master race, lol. As far as comfort goes, that really depends on preference and I think you'll get use to it rather quickly. DBD isnt exactly a button masher or anything so I dont think you'll have a problem adjusting. If you wanna play survivor, feel free to plug in a controller but I HIGHLY recommend ya use kb/m if you wanna play killer. That being said, try to get a mouse with afew buttons on the side. Doesnt have to be crazy, mine has 2 and it makes it alot more comfortable to do things like hit a mouse button for dead hard while your left hand is occupied with WASD, spacebar and sprinting.

    Also...changing struggle to the mousewheel is a HUGE improvement, lol.

  • @NopeStillHere said:

    Is it harder to use a keyboard?

    Depends on you.

    What is the PC community like?

    Pretty standard. Survivors expect to escape every game. Killers expect to 4k every game. However, if a major survivor nerf comes expect constant bitching both in game and on the forums, as well as the standard review bombing.

    What should I expect?

    For matches, white ranks vs. red ranks (in both directions). For chatting, the usual "gg" (git gud), the occasional "######### nub", and the more-often-than-people-like-to-admit heavy raging from whoever loses. Also, a slew of "-rep" comments on your steam profile if it's public. Because, you know, the kids seem to think "-rep" actually does something...

    Comments/advice/anything?

    If you're easily offended, close the post game chat box and forget it exists. Actually, just do it even if you aren't easily offended. Also, make your steam profile private before you even start your first match.

    Thank you. I appreciate the info.