Solo survivor here, sorry I'm gonna start wasting pallets

So I play about 50/50 killer/survivor but when I do play survivor I'm always solo. I never used to use a pallet to avoid a hit if I was healthy, obviously unless it's Billy or something that one shots. Even when I was injured I tried to save the better pallets til end game if I haven't been hooked yet.

But lately I have been getting 1 hooked despite running Kindred so all 3 teammates being able to realize that NOONE is coming for me and the killer isn't camping. Sorry guys, I can't take the chance and assume my teammates are going to do something as simple as unhook me within 1 or even 2 minutes so I guess it's all about me from here on out.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • And that's going to make it worst on you and the rest of your team. If you do get unhooked then there are no pallets to use. So then everyone will have sub 30 second chases.

    Don't feel bad for using a good pallet, but don't throw them when you can run the killer around the loop that one extra time.

  • As far as i see it, whoever gets to the Pallet first gets to use it.

    Saving it is a nice thing to do, but being less conservative in chases doesn't sound unfair, it's your Survivor's life you're securing.

  • @Cheers said:

    And that's going to make it worst on you and the rest of your team. If you do get unhooked then there are no pallets to use. So then everyone will have sub 30 second chases.

    Don't feel bad for using a good pallet, but don't throw them when you can run the killer around the loop that one extra time.

    Oh I loop as much as possible especially squeezing out an extra with Dead hard. But I’ve always been willing to eat that first hook state when needed, I’m not asking anyone to get off a gen that’s 90% and come save me or save me in the first 30 second if they can’t be bothered to get me in the first stage for no good reason I see no reason to mash stage 2

  • Fair enough. Hopefully we don't meet in game, unless I'm killer... :P

    On a serious note, I can understand why, hopefully you change your mind about it though.

  • @Cheers said:

    And that's going to make it worst on you and the rest of your team. If you do get unhooked then there are no pallets to use. So then everyone will have sub 30 second chases.

    Don't feel bad for using a good pallet, but don't throw them when you can run the killer around the loop that one extra time.

    Let's start pretending that most randoms can't last more than 30 seconds in a chase even with plenty loops anyway 🙄

  • I'll be honest; if I'm a killer and I see you doing that, you're just going to get slugged. I run sloppy and knockouit, so enjoy bleeding out for 4 minutes for being a terrible team mate.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1348901#Comment_1348901

    Let's start pretending that most randoms can't last more than 30 seconds in a chase even with plenty loops anyway 🙄

    Majority of my randoms last longer than 30 seconds.

    There are the few that don't, however, and that can have a huge effect on the team, which is most likely why people are quick to point them out instead of their good teammates.

  • "KiNdReD iS sO goOd nOw"

    Yeah, it doesn't matter when matchmaking gives you utter garbage team mates

  • I struggle as survivor and avoid using pallets unnecessarily but if my teammates leave me to die then I'm using as many as it takes to survive

  • Whether I am greedy on pallets or not as survivor for me depends on where the generators are. If we already did the generators in an area, or none of them spawned there, I will play safe on them to avoid giving the killer pressure. However pallets between generators are valuable and should be conserved. Especially if the generators spawnws hugging a loop (common on Autohaven), or spawns in a jungle gym. I sometimes would rather go down than use those pallets.

  • Honestly I don't blame you.

  • Don't worry I brought Any Means Necessary :)

  • Tbh the concept of "wasting pallets" is quite vague and not many people get what it means. For me as long as the chase goes on, you did NOT waste the pallet. doesn't matter if that means you "dropped it early" by some people's standards. Most maps have SO MANY PALLETS you won't even use up all of em even if you're all on death hook (from my experience). The only way to waste a pallet is if you drop it and still get hit, that's the worst feeling lol.