"hatch tech"
Can you plis do like the body stands inside of the game even if ppl dc thanks?? Because this is kinda stupid to be able to dc and ruin the gmae for killer for NO reasons.
Can you plis do like the body stands inside of the game even if ppl dc thanks?? Because this is kinda stupid to be able to dc and ruin the gmae for killer for NO reasons.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
The risk of it being exploited by the killer is really high.
Probably simply adding an animation to people who DC could be enough to give the killer enough time to find the last survivor/go to the hatch.
with "adding an animation" you mean one last thing you can still do to them in before they get trap door or?
Basically, what happens rn if you DC is that your body falls dead on the ground, what I suggested is that instead of doing that, if you DC you have the Entity coming out of the ground sacrificing you like it does at the end of the EGC.
Simple as that, it delays just a little bit the opening of the hatch giving the killer some time, that's it.
It's something i never thought, sounds cool, but you really need more to stop a "hatch tech" player to get the hatch in those situations
i really like your idea btw, i hope they will get it
I know, it doesn't guarantee that the last survivor doesn't get hatch, but it wouldn't be balanced otherwise.
If survivors got stuck in Dying State until bleedout/hooked/mori'd I think that'd be better than an auto-EGC sacrifice.
Auto-Sacrifice still means quitters screw the killer out of hooks and associated perks. People could DC on the way to the hook during EGC to prevent blood warden which was something that actually happened to me about a year ago. I saw a comically sweaty 4-SWF Survivor Team Six SWAT team on Twitch who would always DC on death hook to deny BBQ aura reading and POP activation since they're dead anyway. (This was before they implemented the DC penalties however.)
Dying State "husks" can't be exploited since there'd be no change in the outcome of the match via a DC. If a survivor quits it's the exact same as if they went AFK, and they're stuck in the Dying State so even if the killer ignores them they'll bleed out after 4 minutes. If someone quits on the way to the hook I can still hook them and get my perk activation.
And what happens if the survivor was never hooked before? Should he go straight to the sacrifice? Should the other survivor be able to save them? What if the killer picks him up and drop them 3 times, should they treat it differently and never let the husk break free?
There is for sure a way of making it work, I know, but in a tech company you have to always take in account the cost-benefit ratio and all the hours of reasoning/coding you have to sunk in developing something like that.
Plus, if in some games you can't activate a perk once it's not the end of the world, chances are you already got your BBQ stack, and of course they should give the killer Sacrifice points for each DC.
Here's a post about a year ago which mentioned the husk system the developers wanted to implement. IIRC they said on the forums it would auto-sacrifice when hooked.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mquQq7wUWL4Mobile actually has BOT killers and survivors take over seamlessly in the event of a disconnect.
Oh well, then maybe they already know what to do and are working towards it, IMO a husk is too exploitable by the killer, but we'll see.
Yeah I don't want to get started with the Mobile bots, I already had a discussion with a guy who didn't understood why the fact that if they work on mobile it doesn't mean they would work on the PC/console version as well.
Let's just say that they are different games that run on different systems, bots could work in both, but there is a lot of work to do (yes I'm hoping they will come to the main game too).
I can't wait for the husks to stop these exploiters. Mobile's already doing a good job with their bot Survivors.
Yes, I mean exploiters. Calling it "tech" is just how these people try to justify themselves.
The worst part is there used to be a bug that actually caused this effect to happen.
A BUG, ACTUALLY IMPROVES THE GAMEPLAY EXPERIENCE. Literally if they let it happen every time someone DC's there'd be nothing to lose, and everything to gain for game health.
And probably they reversed it either because there were some exploit killer side tied to it, or it was not so easy to get it work properly.
This was my exact idea since the start, avoid the survivor exploits by dcing and not conceding perks attivation for the killer that is JUST happening nowadays :\
Directly sacrificed
"Plus, if in some games you can't activate a perk once it's not the end of the world"
Mate... it IS the end of the world... not bbqing means you don't know where people is doing gens AND not popping means you can't properly regress gens to have pressure and slow down the game... trust me, this is a HUGE survivor exploit...
I love you btw <3
Meh, sorry, I don't agree with you.
If you rely so strongly on a perk that losing a stack of it destroys your game probably you have some work to do on how you play, since yes, you lose a stack, but survivors lose 25% of their team in a snap, that's huge blow for them (I'm talking about an early-game DC, since I think you were referring to that as well).
nobody cares about the stack of points you get from BBQ, you want to see where they are mate xD
the 25% of their team is taken away just when its up to soloq players, because in SWF nobody ever dcs unless they wanna exploit hatch mechanic or avoid bbq/pop procs. I don't rely on those persk, they ARE the only way to play this game xD go ask the best killer players if BBQ and POP are not that important in a gameplay of a killer... if you say differently, you clearly don't play killer at red rank mate...
I was not referring to the 25% bonus, I was talking about the auras as well.
I know BBQ and POP are important, noone can deny that, but no, those are not the only way of playing killer efficiently, even at red ranks.
Yes, if you lose a stack you need to compensate for it, but again, you should not rely on them 100% to find survivors, otherwise it means you have COMPLETELY no idea where survivors could be, and that's a problem you should work on.
Guessing doesn't mean having an idea mate, i can guess that they are working on gens and i can guess that they are playing hide and seek, the only real certain is when i see them through BBQ or killer addons. I can keep guessing the entire game while they rush gens ^^