Am I Reading This Correctly?

I have been working on the Grease Monkey challenge in Tome 3 Chapter 3 (fully deplete 4 toolboxes), which I assumed would be a quick and easy challenge to finish. However, I'm starting to think there is more to it than I initially read.

Last night, i played two matches towards this challenge. I brought in brown toolboxes (since they are cheapest and also the fastest to deplete) and went right to the first gen i saw and used my toolbox until it was completely empty. The first match i escaped and, when I checked the archive section, received no progress towards the challenge. I assumed that since I survived and got to keep my item, it wasn't "fully depleted." The second match, i did the same thing with the brown toolbox, but was sacrificed in the match and did not retain my toolbox. Once again, I checked the archive page and did not receive any progress towards that challenge.

I need some insight from people who completed this one. Is there more to this challenge than I initially thought or is it just bugged and screwing me over?

Comments

  • Seems like a bug, I got it done in 2 matches (found additional toolboxes in chests) and every box counted as it should

  • @Mooks said:

    Seems like a bug, I got it done in 2 matches (found additional toolboxes in chests) and every box counted as it should

    I kind of figured it was bugged, but twice in a row made me wonder if I was just doing it wrong. Thanks for the info!

  • Seems bugged. I completed mine by running a Treasure Hunting build and looted toolboxes out of chests on the map and fully depleted them.

  • @Mooks said:

    Seems like a bug, I got it done in 2 matches (found additional toolboxes in chests) and every box counted as it should

    This.

    The challenge is really just using up some toolboxes.

  • Nope I did it the same way and got it. Try restarting your system and see if that works

  • Thanks for all the responses. I'm going to go back to it later today and see if it was just a temporary thing.

  • I got my teammates to bring in a grey toolbox each. We did this for all of the group members. Meant that we all got that challenge done in our first games.