Why Is It So Hard For QOL Changes?

•Can Pig just get increased movement speed while crouched

•Can Trapper please spawn with 2 traps by default

•Can Nurse NOT receive double stun when hit by a pallet

•Can Demogorgon have less thundering footsteps

•Can Bubba’s chainsaw NOT cancel itself when it gets to 100%


Fin

Comments

  • Those first two definitely wouldn't fit in a QoL bucket.

  • @Rydog said:

    Those first two definitely wouldn't fit in a QoL bucket.

    But theyre still just small number changes in the code. Its not some stupid long rework that has to take place

  • Those would be closer to impactful buffs than QoL improvements. Except for that last one, so irritating when revving bubba chainsaw to %100 and having it get put down instead of swinging it around. Lost so many downs i would've gotten because of that.

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1343588#Comment_1343588

    But theyre still just small number changes in the code. Its not some stupid long rework that has to take place

    It's never as easy as you think.

  • I work in IT, and have done very very basic coding. Adding prestige blood spatter effects to all cosmetics is tge kind of thing thats harder than it sounds. Changing the number of traps trapper starts with is not. Having his traps spawn closer to tge center is. Reducing the time it takes pig to crouch is not.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1343601#Comment_1343601

    It's a matter of priority. Yes, something is simple and very easy to do, but that doesn't mean that they will change it right away. Things take time to happen.

    Not many people knew about this, but the description for The Legion's Deep Wound addons (Frank's Mix Tape and Stab Wounds Study) were changed because the tag "Considerably" was actually doing less than "Moderately". It took two weeks for that to get fixed after I brought it up to a developer. Why? Because it's not as important as something like a new killer, or reworking existing maps.

    Well its funny you say that, because all I hear when people say "skip releasing a new chapter and fix some of these problems" is "tHeY hAvE dIfFeReNt TeAms" so which is it?

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1343631#Comment_1343631

    Well its funny you say that, because all I hear when people say "skip releasing a new chapter and fix some of these problems" is "tHeY hAvE dIfFeReNt TeAms" so which is it?

    It's both? Different teams work on different things and they all have a list of things they work on sequentially, based on priority.

    Game-breaking bug that prevents everyone from playing? Probably gets pushed to the top of the list.

    Minor inconvenience that takes little time to identify and fix? Won't get bumped to the top, but if they can solve it in a few minutes, it'll probably be fixed in their spare time.

    Minor inconvenience that takes a while to identify and fix? Probably doesn't get pushed to the top of the list.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1343650#Comment_1343650

    It's both? Different teams work on different things and they all have a list of things they work on sequentially, based on priority.

    Game-breaking bug that prevents everyone from playing? Probably gets pushed to the top of the list.

    Minor inconvenience that takes little time to identify and fix? Won't get bumped to the top, but if they can solve it in a few minutes, it'll probably be fixed in their spare time.

    Minor inconvenience that takes a while to identify and fix? Probably doesn't get pushed to the top of the list.

    Yeah its been 4 years on some of this stuff. I dont buy it anymore 🤷‍♂️ its great they reworked some of the maps and tge doc and freddy rework were great. But fixing trapper should have happened 2 years ago. They took tge time to give him a reset trap option but couldnt spend an hour adjusting tge number of traps he starts with? Please

  • As easy as it may seem I am sure there’s a lot behind it people don’t understand that can be at times difficult. Some of the things you suggested may be QOL for you but to devs they may have intended it. Bubba’s chainsaw I agree with phantom hits or release similar to billy but it’s been that way for awhile and they try to fix it but it’s difficult. The rest is more so slight buffs although I agree possibly changing some pig addons because I would love for the pig to move a little faster. I know devs intentionally made demo loud with his footsteps only problem is it’s in the killers ear. I understand why chainsaws have it considering the advantage you get with them but demo blocks out a lot of what the killer hears. As I and others have said though most of these are intended and not huge problems in comparison to what else there is. Also I believe there are teams that tackle different things so although QOL may be under big fixes teams or the like they probably have bigger things to do and can be harder than one may think.