We got a 5 min ban because the game bugged
So I was playing in a swf with my brother (2 man) I was using Meg, him Bill since we just moved from console and wanted our old perks back, we were on shelter woods, I looped bubba for 3 gens (poor MM I'm currently rank 6 survivor and my bro 9 against a rank 17 bubba)
We were done with all gens and bubba left me to go for the others, I went to 99 the exit gate but at around 65% I got the dbd logo and "you have been disconnected from the host" msg, got all my bp from that match, my brother was still in the match, (we have a gaming room so we can see each other's screen at all times) and my bro got lost, I guided him to the door I was opening, as soon as he touched the door he got the same msg "you have been disconnected from the host" he also kept all his BP from that match.
So we decided to just move on and play the next match, but guess what? We got the 5 min ban because we touched a door? How is that fair? Don't get me wrong I like that it punishes people that DC when they want to DC but if the game bugged why were we punished?
I know 5 min isn't a long time but it is still some time.
If someone knows if it's possible to record stuff that happened, please let me know how, I've been encountering a few bugs and I'm no expert when it comes to pc, on console all you had to do was press the share button and press square but Idk if it's possible on pc.
Thanks
Comments
Sounds like a good time to take a toilet break!
Things like this is why is starts out low with 5 minutes
I'd rather have to wait 5 minutes every 100 matches or so then have every other match ruined because someone DC'd
It is a smal price to pay
Had a smoke break lol
Makes sense but I wish they could tell apart things like DC'ing and Bugs/Crashes
It could be worse! I believe they changed t so the the DC timer resets daily. This is a huge improvement over what it was, where it would gradually go down over a number of games or days.
Is that a thing? If it is then that is a huge improvement
I'm not 100% sure but i'm pretty sure this was changed due to people having genuine problems with game crashing and then being left without a game they can play due to the time out ramp up.
That actually makes a lot of sense
Did they? I wondered because I notice a lot more DC lately do i figures they reduced the penalty somehow
Again i'm not positive, i can't remember if it was something i heard watching a stream or read somewhere but i noticed this as well. If it is then i'm not sure if this is permanent or just temp until they sort the bugs/crashes.