Burnt out but I want to finish my rift.

My game plan was to use the rift to unlock myers and pig while also getting the cosmetics but right now I don't even care about the game anymore. It seems like an endless cycle of apathy with the matches getting finished fast and I don't really want to try anymore. The more I get stomped the less I want to play but I don't want to waste my money so it's a weird dilemma. Any advice for rift farming or something? I know I should take a break but this was my whole game plan to save a little money on this game.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Have you tried playing with friends and take a break from the game a day or two recharge the battery’s it help a lot.

  • How TF is the rift going to give you Myers and pig

  • @ActulCasul said:

    How TF is the rift going to give you Myers and pig

    1200 auric cells on completion

  • @shadowman0105 said:

    Have you tried playing with friends and take a break from the game a day or two recharge the battery’s it help a lot.

    I don't have anybody to play the game with so I usually just play solo que or killer.

  • Three things trying to not sound privileged or judgmental. First, if it’s burning you out and not fun stop and just pay the 10.00 for those killers when it’s affordable for you.

    Second, you could have chosen to get those killers instead of paying for premium rift. If that was your intention you could have held off u til you saw if you made it to the end, paid for premium and it would instantly give you all tiers.

    Third, you should be able to make it halfway at least earn enough shards for one of the killers.

  • There's not really an other way besides just playing & completing challenges, so it's time to compromise.

    Either take a break and miss out, or force yourself to finish this Rift.

    Just gonna say that a lil break did me wonders on my burnout.

  • @BubbaMain64 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1339706#Comment_1339706

    I don't have anybody to play the game with so I usually just play solo que or killer.

    Join the DBD Discord if you feel comfortable enough to play with others, or even one of the bigger named streamer's Discords. Lots of folks don't mind playing and making friends. Switching sides for a bit might perk you up.

    I feel for you because I find the only thing that helps with game burn out is taking a break. I tend to drop games for months at a time and go focus on something else until it can catch my fancy again, if it does. Just remember that if you're not having fun, a game isn't worth it anymore.

  • Meme builds, meme builds, meme builds.

    Your progression is based of the time spent in matches, and nothing else. So you can just ######### around in the match without being AFK, and try new stuff. Is Monstrous Shrine secretly an actual good perks? How about getting 4 WGLF stacks? Maybe do the infamous meme DS into Head On stun challenge? Or explore the secrets of Space Billy?

    There is more to the game than just tryharding. Taking a break from it if you are burned out will improve your sanity, and might get a you depip here and there, which in turn could also improve your sanity if you are killer.

  • Depending on how far you got with the rift you can also pay to complete it I guess?

    other than that: play the different role, Play with friends, try new perk combinations or new killers, set your own (silly) goals instead of trying to win by the common definition, take a longer break ( I am not sure when the rift closes?)

  • @ABannedCat said:

    Meme builds, meme builds, meme builds.

    Your progression is based of the time spent in matches, and nothing else. So you can just ######### around in the match without being AFK, and try new stuff. Is Monstrous Shrine secretly an actual good perks? How about getting 4 WGLF stacks? Maybe do the infamous meme DS into Head On stun challenge? Or explore the secrets of Space Billy?

    There is more to the game than just tryharding. Taking a break from it if you are burned out will improve your sanity, and might get a you depip here and there, which in turn could also improve your sanity if you are killer.

    Not meme builds, but I started screwing around with Huntress because I was sick of being looped the same ways every game. The mind games reinvigorated me, plus tossing Long range hatchets is great fun even if you miss 10 that 1 you hit makes it worth it for me!

  • What you really want to do is monitor your progress vs. how many days left. Ideally you want to allot yourself the time of 1 day per level. So if there are 35 days left you should be on level 35 or higher, if you're ahead of schedule that's a good thing it means you're on track to finish beforehand. It also means that if you're ahead you can take longer extended breaks of Dead By Daylight so if there are 35 days left and you're on level 43, you've got ample time and wiggle room to chill out and not grind as hard. Take a couple of days off of just not playing DBD at all if you want.

    Just make sure however long you chill out, the days don't pass up your levels so if you're on level 43 don't wait until there are 25 days left because now you're 2 levels behind where you should be (27 levels to go, 25 days left). You always want to be either on an equal level, or ahead, preferably ahead.

    Then when it's all said and done and you've made it through take a LONG break of never playing (unless you really feel like it or want to) between rifts