The thing that would make tormented status look cool

Silent Hill has a thing when it turns into its dark state, the otherworld. When I heard about the new chapter I assumed this was going to be somehow implemented into the game.

But here we have Pyramid Head and... Not really anything special. His power doesn't feel Silent Hill-ish enough. When you become tormented, the only significant thing you see are barbed wires, that's it.

I can assume devs tried to make it feel like the tormented status is your transition into Silent Hill's otherworld. (That's why tormented allows Pyramid Head to manipulate with Silent Hill forces.) Anyways, I want you to look at these images:

sh32016-08-1719-34-02euuh7.jpg silent-hill-3.245652.jpg

That's how the otherworld looks in the games, it's rusty, dirty.

I do realize that turning every map into a pile of rust is impossible. But you can pretty much see the overall color spectrum. I think that tormented status effect should change survivor's vision, something familiar to Deep Wound but in other colors. That would make things look much better. To add more contrast to the colors between usual and tormented states, the game could make colors less bright after leaving tormented state. (Like the colors become more bright after you leave Freddy's dreamworld.)

----

Another interesting thing, the fog. While it's clear that the Entity's fog and Silent Hill's fog have different nature, for the sake of atmosphere it would be neat to see it being more dynamic in matches against Pyramid Head. What do I mean by that? Let's compare two pictures.

This is the usual state of Silent Hill. The amount of fog is tremendous.

maxresdefault.jpg

This is the otherworld again. While it still has fog, it looks rather brown and quite rare.

sh_alchemilla15_test0007.jpg

I think tormented status should represent this feature of Silent Hill as well. During the usual state survivors could see a lot of fog and during the tormented status survivors could see much less fog.

Comments

  • I like the rust aesthetic, it might take a lot of work but it would be a cool addition.

    The again a lot of things are better than MS Paint razors.