Why isn't Deliverance an Obsession Perk?
It would make sense to me that unhooking yourself would cause you to become the Obsession. It seems on-par with For the People and Decisive.
Being the Obsession isn't usually a negative thing, so making Deliverance an Obsession perk would be a slight buff because it can make the Killer respect Decisive.
In general, I feel like Survivors need more Obsession perks and Sole Survivor proves that the Devs are comfortable just tacking on Obsession perk status without any real interaction with the Obsession mechanic.
Comments
I think the biggest reason of this is because when it came out obsesion shuffling wasen't really a thing
I could be mistaken but i think even DS didn't switch obsessions at that time
@Sonzaishinai
I bet you're right. The Obsession switching around seems pretty normal to me, but before the Decisive rework it wasn't a thing.
Why should it make someone the Obsession tho?
probably because it applies the broken effect. I don't see a reason you'd want to fixate someone for jumping off a hook where as stabbing you to get free from your grasp, or stunning you with a pallet would.