Stranger Things Summertime Cosmetic Pack

Hey y’all! I just wanted to discuss this with y’all because I’d love to get some more cool cosmetics for Nancy and Steve and I was curious about what ideas y’all had for what they could be? 😃

Comments

  • We need a Godzilla-themed Demogorgon cosmetic.

    Don't really have any ideas for Nancy or Steve cosmetics though, my lazy ass still hasn't watched the show.

  • Maybe this school sport uniform for steve?

    Screenshot_20200608-020157_Google.jpg


  • Oooo looks interesting. What did the lower half look like again? Were they red shorts or gray or what?

  • Three times. 🙄

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    We need a Godzilla-themed Demogorgon cosmetic.

    Don't really have any ideas for Nancy or Steve cosmetics though, my lazy ass still hasn't watched the show.

    Ooo intriguing loll there was a Godzilla movie from the 80’s lol.

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    Three times. 🙄

    Three times what?

  • @R52G said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1335878#Comment_1335878

    Oooo looks interesting. What did the lower half look like again? Were they red shorts or gray or what?

    In the show steve have green shorts with a grey shirt with the logo of hawkins elementary school in the middle of his chest

    and I think he has some very thick white sports sneakers.

    This outfit comes from the second season when Billy is beating him in a basketball game and his relationship with Nancy is breaking. :(

  • I made a poll awhile back about potential cosmetics for licensed characters and under the poll option for Steve Harrington / Nancy Wheeler I had these 3 images uploaded as ideas:

    M8SWSLNVGOJ2.png 95LIX3ZEX1P9.jpg Y3L5BM13XRPK.jpg

    The first I think is the most notable, it's their Halloween outfits that they wore to the Halloween party from season 2 episode 2. So it might be more worthwhile to introduce those cosmetics during the month of October but they still look really good anyway

  • @Seiko300 what did they go as for Halloween? And if they ever went to the pool or Beach, what did they wear?

  • @Nicholas said:

    @Seiko300 what did they go as for Halloween? And if they ever went to the pool or Beach, what did they wear?

    "Turns out, Nancy and Steve's fancy dress outfit was a very low-key reference to the 1983 film, Risky Business starring [Tom] Cruise and Rebecca De Mornay. It was the film that catapulted Cruise into superstardom and one that we assume is a big favourite of Nancy's because she's got a Tom Cruise poster on her bedroom wall."

    Here they are in the show:

    image.png

    And here's their inspiration on Screen in Risky Business:

    image.png

    Steve threw on the Rayban Sunglasses as a reference to the movie poster, I'm not sure if they were ever actually worn during the film since I've never seen it myself, but from what I know they're pretty iconic:

    image.png image.png


    As for a pool or beach, I don't ever recall there being a scene where Steve or Nancy ever went to the pool or beach in swim attire, of course Billy was a lifeguard (often shirtless) but Billy ain't no Steve so..

  • @Walker_of_the_fog_96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1335947#Comment_1335947

    In the show steve have green shorts with a grey shirt with the logo of hawkins elementary school in the middle of his chest

    and I think he has some very thick white sports sneakers.

    This outfit comes from the second season when Billy is beating him in a basketball game and his relationship with Nancy is breaking. :(

    Ooo very intriguing! 😃

  • @Seiko300 said:

    I made a poll awhile back about potential cosmetics for licensed characters and under the poll option for Steve Harrington / Nancy Wheeler I had these 3 images uploaded as ideas:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/0A8IFZ350O8J/m8swslnvgoj2.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/KGWBBDIESO73/95lix3zex1p9.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/W4IM0L258CMJ/y3l5bm13xrpk.jpg

    The first I think is the most notable, it's their Halloween outfits that they wore to the Halloween party from season 2 episode 2. So it might be more worthwhile to introduce those cosmetics during the month of October but they still look really good anyway

    Honestly I’d love all of these to come into the game tbh! 😍

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    We need a Godzilla-themed Demogorgon cosmetic.

    Don't really have any ideas for Nancy or Steve cosmetics though, my lazy ass still hasn't watched the show.

    How would that fit the lore?

  • It doesn’t have to necessarily fit but if it does I’m sure the devs would find a way. It’s a cosmetic it’s not going to affect the entire state of the game lol.

  • @Seiko300 thanks for the insight. I think the Risky Business skins would look great in the game.

  • Since Risky Business is a licensed property though in itself, I wonder if that would conflict some how???

    I'd love that outfit for Nancy though. (and a redesign for the way the she stands but I guess that's another topic.)

  • @cheetocultleader said:

    Since Risky Business is a licensed property though in itself, I wonder if that would conflict some how???

    I'd love that outfit for Nancy though. (and a redesign for the way the she stands but I guess that's another topic.)

    I don't think clothes are licensed properties. You can't license a look, or style of fashion, much less clothing pieces like sunglasses or white skirts and black bow.

  • @Seiko300 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1338583#Comment_1338583

    I don't think clothes are licensed properties. You can't license a look, or style of fashion, much less clothing pieces like sunglasses or white skirts and black bow.

    True, partly, but in the show it's obvious what they were dressing up as, and by putting it in the game, it would follow that same logic I'd assume. I'm not gonna pretend I know a lot about licensing though.

  • @cheetocultleader said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1338596#Comment_1338596

    True, partly, but in the show it's obvious what they were dressing up as, and by putting it in the game, it would follow that same logic I'd assume. I'm not gonna pretend I know a lot about licensing though.

    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhh no, I'm 90% certain that's not how that works. In fact I'm 95% certain.

    Steve and Nancy are wearing clothes referential to another piece of media, which is entirely fair use, it's not like the characters Tom Cruise and Rebecca De Mornay acted as actually showed up. Steve isn't even wearing the exact clothes Tom Cruise wore, Cruise wore a Grey Wool Blazer and Jeans:

    image.png

    You can make references to something without actually infringing on copyrights or licenses.

  • @Seiko300 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1338600#Comment_1338600

    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhh no, I'm 90% certain that's not how that works. In fact I'm 95% certain.

    Steve and Nancy are wearing clothes referential to another piece of media, which is entirely fair use, it's not like the characters Tom Cruise and Rebecca De Mornay acted as actually showed up. Steve isn't even wearing the exact clothes Tom Cruise wore, Cruise wore a Grey Wool Blazer and Jeans:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/929QSCU21M53/image.png

    You can make references to something without actually infringing on copyrights or licenses.

    Hey, I hope you're right. Again, Nancy needs something cute besides a "sad cupcake sweater." Cheers.

  • B2D68652-CB78-4691-BABE-12B5DC84535D.jpeg

    I’d personally love this look for Steve in DBD! 🤠

    0B9212D9-4001-41EF-B88E-E4C85BF2D9B5.jpeg

    And for Nancy to have this purple dress is something I also think would be really cool. 😊

  • Also I know this is a bit off topic for this but it’s been mentioned in a few other discussions here about getting Robin from Stranger Things into DBD vía Legendary Cosmetic for Nancy. I thought that if it did happen (which I’d love if it did) they could have the outfit from the finale be her main outfit and then have her Scoops Ahoy Uniform as another in-shop cosmetic similar to how Steve’s was. Thoughts?

    4E94377E-AF3C-471D-890D-9A1CE9FCC79D.jpeg 6BAFF114-5DC7-4B38-A862-7571F1A0174D.jpeg