Farming and DCing
So i understand the penalites for dcing. If its straight up rage cause you got a certain killer then fine, hit them with the fat penalty. But can we please talk about the issue of farming into a dc? Take this scenario: 30 seconds into the game i get pulled off a generator. Within 5 seconds of being on the hook i get saved only to be instantly downed by the killer that hasn't even left the area. Rather than him chasing the survivor that farms me i instantly mori's me. Pardon the language but what the actual F. I waited 10 minutes for a lobby only to be killed within the first 40 seconds of the game. Nothing that i could do to change the outcome. Any normal person is going to get pretty frustrated by this and most likely leave. And then lovely, well done, you got farmed by your teamate, you wasted 10 minutes trying to get a game and here you go, go wait for another 15 minutes while you let your penalty subside. It really kills the game :/ Yes, im ranting, yes, im slightly mad by this all but come on.. ive been playing this game since it came out and ive never been as triggered as i am now.
Comments
I get the frustration, but why dc? Youre already dead, just wait 45 more seconds and youll be back at tge menu π€·ββοΈ
Yeah thats the rational thinking.. in hindsight that's the thing to do but i really didnt want to give the killer the satisfaction of the Mori. Then agian, most killers aren't dicks enough to immediately mori the survivor that gets farmed.. This specific case yes its not worth dcing. Other cases where you are just getting farmed and sandbagged.. thats probably more applicable. But fair point :)
Things like that happen, you shouldn't DC when you are already being mori'd anyways. You are legitimately just punishing yourself when you do that because you aren't really effecting the killer in any serious way. It's sucky when stuff like that happens I know, but it's best to just move on from it.
As a killer main i can tell you first hand the vast majority of us dont care when people dc. Were still getting our points and the mori animatiin is whatever. If youre out of the game its just one less person.
That said id be lying if i said ive never dc'd out of anger so I get it π
I know the mori animation would still complete back before dedicated servers. Does the mori animation not complete anymore if a survivor disconnects after the mori's started?
I have no idea, i dont know that ive ever had someone dc in tge middle of the animation, and if they did I wasnt aware of it. I know that if they dc on hook tge entity still takes them. I was just going with what the op said
I mean, DCing to not give the killer satisfaction is literally the reason penalties exist, lol
Yeah fair enough all. Like i said it was a rant so not all of it was logical.. just jumped on to play a few games and that type of nonsense happens :/ Really makes me hate the game haha. But as I said in this specific example it wasn't the best example of a reason to dc. More to do with sandbagging and teaming sort of stuff. But yea interesting to hear peoples opinions from within the community :) Helps me see how much is my anger and how much is upheld by the communities perspective :)
Donβt DC.