Something I thought of

As a killer and survivor main during a match I was thinking all the maps should have traps survivors can put together to stun A killer temporarily.It would be just like with pallets only something different that the killer has to work to get themself out of.

Comments

  • You can't main both sides.


    A killer is supposed to feel powerful, so I'd rather not allow survivors to trap them so they can teabag and click their flashlights while the killer is stuck. An organized team would also be able to completely stop a killer from going to a gen on certain maps.

  • @Yung_Slug said:

    You can't main both sides.

    A killer is supposed to feel powerful, so I'd rather not allow survivors to trap them so they can teabag and click their flashlights while the killer is stuck. An organized team would also be able to completely stop a killer from going to a gen on certain maps.

    What do you mean by I can’t main both sides?. Are you saying I’m not allowed to throw ideas out on a public forum?.

  • While that sounds like a good suggestion, it wouldnt work since survivors could trap some areas and create infintes

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    While that sounds like a good suggestion, it wouldnt work since survivors could trap some areas and create infintes

    These traps I was thinking would be ones that you can’t move just set them up where it’s at.

  • @NinjaDette1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1335016#Comment_1335016

    These traps I was thinking would be ones that you can’t move just set them up where it’s at.

    Thats fine, but it would be probably be a waste of time setting them up since you cant move them

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1335018#Comment_1335018

    Thats fine, but it would be probably be a waste of time setting them up since you cant move them

    I though about it and you’re probably right.I was trying to come up with some new objects survivors could do.

  • @NinjaDette1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1335020#Comment_1335020

    I though about it and you’re probably right.I was trying to come up with some new objects survivors could do.

    I agree tho, I'd love to have a secondary objective

    @Yung_Slug said:

    You can't main both sides.

    A killer is supposed to feel powerful, so I'd rather not allow survivors to trap them so they can teabag and click their flashlights while the killer is stuck. An organized team would also be able to completely stop a killer from going to a gen on certain maps.

    I think he means that he plays both sides equally

  • This may subvert the balance of power and pretty much make it a "hunt the killer" game, to grief with as many traps as possible.

    If this was to happen, likewise the killer would have to have more at their disposal to compete. I play both sides, and as a survivor it would just be a game where you'd want to take out the killer and make it comedic. From a killer, the game would become so fragmented for me it would be unfun.

  • @Vox_Nocturne said:

    This may subvert the balance of power and pretty much make it a "hunt the killer" game, to grief with as many traps as possible.

    If this was to happen, likewise the killer would have to have more at their disposal to compete. I play both sides, and as a survivor it would just be a game where you'd want to take out the killer and make it comedic. From a killer, the game would become so fragmented for me it would be unfun.

    It would only be a few traps though is what I was trying to say.

  • @NinjaDette1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1335047#Comment_1335047

    It would only be a few traps though is what I was trying to say.

    Fair enough, and it would certainly add variety to the game! There would need to be some balance though. Even if it meant fewer pallets.

  • @NinjaDette1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1335010#Comment_1335010

    What do you mean by I can’t main both sides?. Are you saying I’m not allowed to throw ideas out on a public forum?.

    No, I'm saying that, by definition, you cannot "main" both sides.

  • @NinjaDette1 said:

    As a killer and survivor main during a match I was thinking all the maps should have traps survivors can put together to stun A killer temporarily.It would be just like with pallets only something different that the killer has to work to get themself out of.

    While the idea sounds great on paper something like this couldn't work in dbd swf's would heavily abuse a mechanic like that and its already rough enough as is pallet spawns are still awful played a game earlier where they had 5 pallets next to each other pretty good job so far.