Console Players Should Have Access to the PTB
I think it's unfair that majority of feedback from the PTB comes from pc, who are the ones who actually get to test out the new mechanics and characters. People who play the game on console will never get to test out the new content unless they go out and just buy it AGAIN on pc, or just watch others play it on YouTube. The devs need to try and come up with a solution for this so that console players can finally chime in and give their feedback.
My fix for this is to have another option on the main menu titled "Public Test Build" (Duh). Making it an option on the main menu can also give pc users faster access to it, so they won't have to constantly go through the properties to get to the betas tab just to play it. After the player selects the Player Test Build option in the menu it will load up like normal except it will have the properties of KYF (Kill your friends) but with regular matchmaking like normal. You will have access to all items, addons, perks, killers, and survivors. You will not gain bloodpoints, iridescent shards, levels, or rank, the same way as if you were playing kill your friends. Turning the PTB into an option on the main menu for both console and pc would be a great move by the devs because they would be making access to the PTB faster, easier, as well as giving access to the rest of the community.
Sadly, I believe this will never happen. Pc will always get to test the new s#!t while the rest of us are constantly being thrown under the bus.
Comments
Probably, I don't own a PS so I wouldn't know. I can only comment on Xbox stuff.
Source for the graph? Is it adjusted for inflation?