Why can killers see survivors profiles in the pre lobby but not vice versa?
I personally don't even want to see the killer profile. I actually want the killers not seeing survivor profiles. It servers nothing but prepared toxicity
I personally don't even want to see the killer profile. I actually want the killers not seeing survivor profiles. It servers nothing but prepared toxicity
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Yup. No reason gameplay-wise to show the Survivors Profile or Name.
I think I'd like killers not being able to see survivor profiles until after the match. You would still get a few killers frantically looking up the survivor's names so they can continue to dodge SWF groups but I think in general there would be MUCH less killer dodging and they'll actually ready up and not waste 60 seconds looking at people's profiles.
Bruh just make your profile Private
That's not going to stop some killers from identifying players.
Ok and there's a problem with killers knowing the names of people?
Its simply because the 1 in a 1 v 4 is allowed more info then the 4 are allowed.
Also due to the way survivor perks/items can hard counter specific killers having survivors(I know you don't care but others who also hold this opinion do think survivors should be able to see which killer they are facing) know which killer is being played would greatly hurt most killers.
TLDR: Its an advantage the killer is allowed for gameplay balance reasons.
There is no reason gameplay wise to see the Profiles or names. Otherwise, you can explain me how this would be an advantage. It is not compareable to seeing the Items, because this makes perfect sense.
There is technically sense if killer player's profile(Or name like Otz) shows that they main one specific killer it would let the survivors pick counters to their main killer giving them an advantage.
This does not explain why it should be the case that the Killer can see the Survivor Profiles or Names.
Simple: There is no advantage in the killer knowing who the survivor is sense any survivor can have anything so counters(Both strategy/perks) aren't realistically a factor.