remove vacuum

Now that we got rid of the grab and pallet vacuum.

Can we pls get rid of the hook vacuum and get the possibility to hook from all sides, just liek unhooking works.

Also the trap disarming has vacuum too, it should be removed aswell

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • I agree. Killers can´t block the hook, so survivors shouldn´t be able to block the hook.

  • You can hook from all sides though... am I right? That's why the vacuum moves the killer to the front of the hook... it would look wierd and dumb if the survivor ended up on the hook but the killer directly to the left of it... I mean the suction to the front of the hook looks ugly as well but either way unless they implement turning hooks it wouldn't look right..
  • Tsulan said:

    I agree. Killers can´t block the hook, so survivors shouldn´t be able to block the hook.

    Both is trash. I hate that I agree with you. The only thing I can see with this tremendously backfiring, is when  trying to combat a tunneler though. 
  • @Bravo0413 said:
    You can hook from all sides though... am I right? That's why the vacuum moves the killer to the front of the hook... it would look wierd and dumb if the survivor ended up on the hook but the killer directly to the left of it... I mean the suction to the front of the hook looks ugly as well but either way unless they implement turning hooks it wouldn't look right..

    No you can only unhook from all sides.
    If a survivor is standing below the hook, the vacuum will slide you against it, you colide and cant hook.

    It looks quite unrealistic when you unhook a survivpr from the side aswell, you would basically rip the whole chest apart (unhooking is unrealistic in general btw), so that is hardly an argument

  • @Bravo0413 said:
    You can hook from all sides though... am I right? That's why the vacuum moves the killer to the front of the hook... it would look wierd and dumb if the survivor ended up on the hook but the killer directly to the left of it... I mean the suction to the front of the hook looks ugly as well but either way unless they implement turning hooks it wouldn't look right..

    Nope. "Hook vacuum" aligns the Killer with the exact spot they need to be to hook the Survivor they're carrying. Only that one spot allows Killers to hook Survivors, which is why they can be bodyblocked by the Survivors.

  • @HeroLives said:
    Tsulan said:

    I agree. Killers can´t block the hook, so survivors shouldn´t be able to block the hook.

    Both is trash. I hate that I agree with you. The only thing I can see this tremendously backfiring when trying to combat a tunneler though. 

    How would that affect tunneling? Not sure what you mean.

    Tunneling is choosing your target strategically, that has nothign to do with how hooking works?

  • @HeroLives said:
    Tsulan said:

    I agree. Killers can´t block the hook, so survivors shouldn´t be able to block the hook.

    Both is trash. I hate that I agree with you. The only thing I can see this tremendously backfiring when trying to combat a tunneler though. 

    Why does everyone hate to agree with me?
    I´m a really nice person and you can discuss anything with me, i won´t insult or think bad about you.

  • It would certainly be nice to actually be able to hook from the sides instead of having the vacuum to compensate.

  • Master said:

    @HeroLives said:
    Tsulan said:

    I agree. Killers can´t block the hook, so survivors shouldn´t be able to block the hook.

    Both is trash. I hate that I agree with you. The only thing I can see this tremendously backfiring when trying to combat a tunneler though. 

    How would that affect tunneling? Not sure what you mean.

    Tunneling is choosing your target strategically, that has nothign to do with how hooking works?

    Okay so a thing that survivors do is hook block when a killer is tunneling someone as to keep the person from being killed. To combat strategy with strategy. Also some people hook block just to be asses which is why I agree but have my reserves as well: 
  • Tsulan said:

    @HeroLives said:
    Tsulan said:

    I agree. Killers can´t block the hook, so survivors shouldn´t be able to block the hook.

    Both is trash. I hate that I agree with you. The only thing I can see this tremendously backfiring when trying to combat a tunneler though. 

    Why does everyone hate to agree with me?
    I´m a really nice person and you can discuss anything with me, i won´t insult or think bad about you.

    Yeah you’re alright in my book.
  • HeroLives said:
    Master said:

    @HeroLives said:
    Tsulan said:

    I agree. Killers can´t block the hook, so survivors shouldn´t be able to block the hook.

    Both is trash. I hate that I agree with you. The only thing I can see this tremendously backfiring when trying to combat a tunneler though. 

    How would that affect tunneling? Not sure what you mean.

    Tunneling is choosing your target strategically, that has nothign to do with how hooking works?

    Okay so a thing that survivors do is hook block when a killer is tunneling someone as to keep the person from being killed. To combat strategy with strategy. Also some people hook block just to be asses which is why I agree but have my reserves as well: 
    I think survivors shouldn't be able to body block the killer. That the killer should be able to "push" survivors with his body, and that survivors should be able to pass the killer if they push against him for 10 seconds. Just like they are able after a hit.
  • A vaccum is an teleport too. There is 0 vaccum when hooking otherwise the killer would teleport to the hook as soon as they could hook a survivor.

  • @pauloandrade22 said:
    A vaccum is an teleport too. There is 0 vaccum when hooking otherwise the killer would teleport to the hook as soon as they could hook a survivor.

    call it hook sliding then, the trap disarm thing is indeed a teleport

  • Master said:

    @pauloandrade22 said:
    A vaccum is an teleport too. There is 0 vaccum when hooking otherwise the killer would teleport to the hook as soon as they could hook a survivor.

    call it hook sliding then, the trap disarm thing is indeed a teleport

    Why is the trap vaccum a problem?
  • @Bravo0413 said:
    You can hook from all sides though... am I right? That's why the vacuum moves the killer to the front of the hook... it would look wierd and dumb if the survivor ended up on the hook but the killer directly to the left of it... I mean the suction to the front of the hook looks ugly as well but either way unless they implement turning hooks it wouldn't look right..

    no you cant not if they are blocking it you have to hit them out the way or unless you end up lucky to position yourself just right but its rare. they can block all angles of hooking. who cares if it wouldnt look right the hooks wouldnt actually turn they would just make it so we can do it from all angles but eh that wont ever happen so whatever lol

  • Bravo0413 said:
    You can hook from all sides though... am I right? That's why the vacuum moves the killer to the front of the hook... it would look wierd and dumb if the survivor ended up on the hook but the killer directly to the left of it... I mean the suction to the front of the hook looks ugly as well but either way unless they implement turning hooks it wouldn't look right..
    You can, but the prompt is blocked if the destination area is blocked. Fortunately all killers have the ability to swing at survivors and force them away.
  • Peanits said:
    Bravo0413 said:
    You can hook from all sides though... am I right? That's why the vacuum moves the killer to the front of the hook... it would look wierd and dumb if the survivor ended up on the hook but the killer directly to the left of it... I mean the suction to the front of the hook looks ugly as well but either way unless they implement turning hooks it wouldn't look right..
    You can, but the prompt is blocked if the destination area is blocked. Fortunately all killers have the ability to swing at survivors and force them away.
    "Force them away"
    Yeah sure. If it's against a SWF team. There will sit 3 survivors at the hook. And by the time you hit them all, the survivor on your shoulder wiggled out.
  • Personally, I have no problem with bodyblocking and think it is a valid strat with a solid risk/reward.  The only thing I think should be changed is that the killer can't drop a survivor they are carrying if there is another survivir in the way, which can lead to some really frustrating situations.
  • @Peanits said:
    Bravo0413 said:

    You can hook from all sides though... am I right? That's why the vacuum moves the killer to the front of the hook... it would look wierd and dumb if the survivor ended up on the hook but the killer directly to the left of it... I mean the suction to the front of the hook looks ugly as well but either way unless they implement turning hooks it wouldn't look right..

    You can, but the prompt is blocked if the destination area is blocked. Fortunately all killers have the ability to swing at survivors and force them away.

    Unfortunately it takes ages to wipe the weapon and the wiggle timer is running

  • Tsulan said:
    Peanits said:
    Bravo0413 said:
    You can hook from all sides though... am I right? That's why the vacuum moves the killer to the front of the hook... it would look wierd and dumb if the survivor ended up on the hook but the killer directly to the left of it... I mean the suction to the front of the hook looks ugly as well but either way unless they implement turning hooks it wouldn't look right..
    You can, but the prompt is blocked if the destination area is blocked. Fortunately all killers have the ability to swing at survivors and force them away.
    "Force them away"
    Yeah sure. If it's against a SWF team. There will sit 3 survivors at the hook. And by the time you hit them all, the survivor on your shoulder wiggled out.
    If there are multiple, drop them and start swinging.
    Works perfectly fine whenever people try it on me.