Community Discussion: Grind

Hey, everyone. I wanted to ask the community what their thoughts are on the topic of grind in DBD. It's no secret that the grind is real in this game, whether it's to get enough shards for a skin you want or leveling up characters for perks and builds. The issue that may come of this is that, as more characters and cosmetics are added into the game, the grind gets more and more unrealistic. Especially with the RNG nature of the bloodweb, you can dump bloodpoints into a character and not have the perk you want show up for quite a while.

The amount of bloodpoints and shards earned made a lot of sense when the game first came out or when shards were first introduced. A fair amount of grind is understandable. It pushes people to play the game more and encourages some to bypass the grind by purchasing items so the devs can make a profit. But as more characters and cosmetics are added, is the grind becoming too much? Should bloodpoint numbers be adjusted to compensate? Should Blood Hunts be more frequent? Should it be simpler to get the perks you actually want? Or is it fine the way it is?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1328576#Comment_1328576

    Leveling and resetting characters to this extent is actually a huge draw for me...

    It's like an MMO grind you get hooked in the constant cycle of earning perks for new characters.

    Cutting it too much would make me want to quit because I'd hit the end and feel like I need to move on. I have new characters maxed usually the week after they release AS IS...

    Imo the time it takes to max a rift within 70 days should be the baseline for how much the devs expect people to play/progress.

    Sure but there are ways to make a grind that don't hinder player progression and development the way that this one does.

  • Yeah the grind is a little insane.

    I feel like it would be at least feel much better if half the perks we get (on killer side at least) weren't so weak or niche. A lot of the time it feels like I'm going through multiple bloodwebs with all the perk choices being perks I really don't want to run because they're just not good perks. If the perks were at least better, I wouldn't feel like I'm so handicapped by not getting the few perks I want, making the grind overall much more bearable.

    On survivor side its not so bad since the perks are generally much much better/stronger.

    A lot of killers are also very perk reliant while survivors aren't dependent on perks very much, if at all.

  • As a new player myself the grind before me can be a bit daunting. I only have a few hours a day to play this game, and if there's one thing I've learned from watching a lot of streams is that you're going to want to level up a lot of characters if you want to have the best perks equipped for a single survivor/killer. Because of this most of the time I find myself waiting around to see what the shrine of secrets will unveil. Sometimes I get what I want, but most of the time I don't.

    Personally to counter all of this grinding I would appreciate it if bhvr incorporated experience boosts or blood hunts more often. Considering the game has been out for almost four years now, new players need a leg up for all the amount of grinding that lies before them.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    As a new player myself the grind before me can be a bit daunting. I only have a few hours a day to play this game, and if there's one thing I've learned from watching a lot of streams is that you're going to want to level up a lot of characters if you want to have the best perks equipped for a single survivor/killer. Because of this most of the time I find myself waiting around to see what the shrine of secrets will unveil. Sometimes I get what I want, but most of the time I don't.

    Personally to counter all of this grinding I would appreciate it if bhvr incorporated experience boosts or blood hunts more often. Considering the game has been out for almost four years now, new players need a leg up for all the amount of grinding that lies before them.

    It would be nice if there were just a monthly 1.5x or 2x Blood Hunt weekend. It would give everyone something to look forward to with regularity, outside of normal patch cycles and big holiday events.

  • @Rydog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1329378#Comment_1329378

    It would be nice if there were just a monthly 1.5x or 2x Blood Hunt weekend. It would give everyone something to look forward to with regularity, outside of normal patch cycles and big holiday events.

    Considering the sheer amount of grinding that exists within this game after four years, I thought blood hunt weekends would have been more common. It's a shame that never happened.

1 2 ›