Remove Fog on the Loading Screens on PS4

I don't know what it is about the fog on the opening screen, the fog on the Archives screen, and the fog when showing the offerings burned for a match, but it causes the fans in my PS4 to go into overdrive every time. Not sometimes, not most times, every time. It is ridiculously loud, and this is the only game that causes that issue.

The worst offender is the opening screen where it says "Press X to continue." The game is on that screen for a long time as it loads up DbD. Every time I'm starting up the game, I'm holding the controller mashing X to try to get past that screen as fast as possible, because it takes time just for that screen to load before it even gives/accepts the prompt to continue.

The game has enough problems running as it is. After a few matches, I have to restart the game because the frame drops get worse and worse with each match. I don't know if the fog in the loading screens/menus adds to the issue, but it's definitely not helping and it makes me worried to hear the fans get so loud. It's not the PS4, it's DbD: no other game causes the fans to do this.

It'd be nice if the fog on the superfluous waiting screen were removed, and it'd also be nice if the "Press X to continue" prompt were removed and the game just loaded automatically without needing input from the player. Or at least have it automatically count as the player giving input to continue if they've already pressed X to skip the opening animation.

Comments

  • I need to update this, I was actually wrong about something. The start-up screen is not the worst offender. It used to be. It is actually the offerings screen that now causes the fans to get the loudest. Even though the screen only lasts for a few seconds, the fans get extremely loud and it takes them longer to calm down than the length of time the screen was up (I timed it: the offerings screen was up for 4 seconds; it took 32 seconds after that for the fans to return to normal).

    That's not okay. It's an offerings screen. Whatever it is about it that taxes the PS4, it's not important to gameplay.