Don't ban people if they don't intentionally DC
Sometimes I'm forced out of the game for a reason I don't know, but I don't lose my items. So the game detects when I don't DC intentionally, it lets me keep my items, but still bans me? I'd think it would be positive for some people of the community if we didn't get banned because of this. I'm frustrated because I'm quarantined, I have nothing better to do, hopped on a match and randomly got disconnected and banned for 6 hours right after getting banned for an hour for the same reason.
Tagged:
Trusted
Comments
I think that if the crash handler comes up, the game should acknowledge that, and send a flare up to the server so that your disconnect penalty doesn't increment.
Outside of that, the game has no way of knowing what caused a disconnect.
I mean, I kept my items, so it probably has a way to know.
Or just add DBD Mobile's "DC Bots" and completely remove the penalty entirely since you have an AI take your place.
It would be practically be impossible for this to work.
I'm sure we can all agree that only banning people who disconnect intentionally would be the ideal scenario. But how, then, do we tell the difference between people whose network goes out and those who turn off their connection to bypass the penalty? Or between people whose game unexpectedly crashes and those who kill the process or turn off their machine? The answer is, we can't - there are so many ways to bypass a penalty that only works off intentional DCs that it would render the entire operation ultimately pointless if that were how the system worked.
Yeah, but now Im banned for a whole day because my game keeps disconnecting me...
I do sympathise ๐ They're working on it, but they're having trouble tracking down the cause - you can help if you like by sharing your experience in this thread: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/152610/need-community-help-random-disconnect-in-game/p1
I have already! Either way thanks, cheering for the devs to find something.
As am I ๐ I really hope they'll be able to find a solution soon so that you can get back to your games.
The problem is people would physically pull the cord to avoid a ban. People used to do this all the time to keep their items when that was a thing.