Two things would bring solo closer to SWF I think

This isn’t a survivor vs killer debate, I think first there needs to be some sort of balance between solo and SWF so they know what the killer needs balanced against really. Also one thing, when I say SWF I strictly mean using comms for extra info, friends screwing around without comms are basically solos.

  1. kindred base, this has been discussed a lot before just because it would keep 3 people from attempting the save and wasting time or zero from attempting and a person dying to 1-2 hooks instead of 3.
  2. some sort of way to tell gen progress. A really really big weakness in solo is when 1 gen is left and you don’t know which your teammates are on. Bond can he’ll there, but what if they are being chased and you want to know which one they WERE ON? Starting a gen from zero or completing theirs from 80% is a huge difference and SWF know that information.

Comments

  • I used to agree with you about Kindred, but it is so powerful at this point that it would be super-unbalanced if all survivors just had it by default.

    There are audio and visual cues to evaluate gen progress. Or are you saying you want to be able to tell from across the map?

  • @Rydog said:

    I used to agree with you about Kindred, but it is so powerful at this point that it would be super-unbalanced if all survivors just had it by default.

    There are audio and visual cues to evaluate gen progress. Or are you saying you want to be able to tell from across the map?

    Yes, when they’re the last 3 gens to do 1. Remember it’s not about survivor power level, I know these two changes would make survivors strong!!! It’s about balancing SWF and solo

  • The amount of buffs killers would need to balance the game after giving these buffs to survivors would be freaking huge. I just couldn't see the devs giving the killers those amount of buffs that would be needed.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1324236#Comment_1324236

    It’s not that powerful.

    I constantly have matches where I don’t even know why I bothered equipping it because the other survivors see the killer isn’t camping, but I die on first hook anyway.

    I don't care as much about that part as I do the ability to see survivor and killer auras when someone ELSE is hooked. You get to see exactly where the killer is going. If everyone could do that, it would be super-strong.

  • @Blueberry said:

    The amount of buffs killers would need to balance the game after giving these buffs to survivors would be freaking huge. I just couldn't see the devs giving the killers those amount of buffs that would be needed.

    @Rydog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1324365#Comment_1324365

    I don't care as much about that part as I do the ability to see survivor and killer auras when someone ELSE is hooked. You get to see exactly where the killer is going. If everyone could do that, it would be super-strong.

    But that’s the thing, SWF already have these powers.

  • In my experience as a red rank survivor, most SWF teams aren't remotely this coordinated.

  • I disagree with the concept of buffing solo in order to bring them closer to swf. There isn't a need for it since anyone can make friends and play swf if they want more information. I find that it is just an excuse for survivors to get more buffs.

    What needs to happen is:

    A. Matchmaking and Rankings need an overhaul. Thankfully, the Devs are working on this and hopefully, this would fix a lot of frustration with having bad teammates at higher rankings.

    B. The game needs to be balanced more around higher ranking players rather than average solo players. This isn't to say that lower ranking matches shouldn't be considered. They should implement a system to where Perk Slots unlock depending on your ranking rather than your character level. So people that are rank 17-20 should have 1 perk slot available, 13-16 should have 2 slots available, 9-12 should have three available and 1-8 should get all 4 available. Then they could make it to where certain perks only unlock at specific ranks as well. This would make it easier to balance the game for each of those rank groups and to not overwhelm newer and weaker players while ensuring a more fair matchmaking.

    I am not a game developer so I know I my suggestion can be bad, but with the way things are not, some of this stuff needs to change.

  • So you want a very powerful perk (Kindred) to be part of the base kit for solo survivors? That is ridiculous. Just equip Kindred. That's what I do and I play this game as a solo survivor. Is giving up one perk slot for Kindred too much to ask for? I don't think it is at all with all the information it gives you.

    Equipping it would also eliminate your 2nd request which is gen progress. When someone gets hooked and you have Kindred, you can see the auras of survivors and if they're working on gens, you know which gens are being worked on. If you're hooked, your kindred also gives information to the rest of your team.

    The only thing for me anyway that would be helpful to know is if someone else is in a chase other than the obsession, but even then, it isn't needed when there's perks like bond, kindred, empathy, aftercare and even the terror radius to determine that.

    In conclusion, use Kindred!

  • @AvisDeene said:

    I disagree with the concept of buffing solo in order to bring them closer to swf. There isn't a need for it since anyone can make friends and play swf if they want more information. I find that it is just an excuse for survivors to get more buffs.

    What needs to happen is:

    A. Matchmaking and Rankings need an overhaul. Thankfully, the Devs are working on this and hopefully, this would fix a lot of frustration with having bad teammates at higher rankings.

    B. The game needs to be balanced more around higher ranking players rather than average solo players. This isn't to say that lower ranking matches shouldn't be considered. They should implement a system to where Perk Slots unlock depending on your ranking rather than your character level. So people that are rank 17-20 should have 1 perk slot available, 13-16 should have 2 slots available, 9-12 should have three available and 1-8 should get all 4 available. Then they could make it to where certain perks only unlock at specific ranks as well. This would make it easier to balance the game for each of those rank groups and to not overwhelm newer and weaker players while ensuring a more fair matchmaking.

    I am not a game developer so I know I my suggestion can be bad, but with the way things are not, some of this stuff needs to change.

    Thats an interesting idea. It also encourages people that belong there to stay at the higher ranks.

    However, unless I missed something, I dont think theyre overhauling tge ranking system. I think tge plan is a hidden skill level and then ranks hidden so only you can see your rank, which is essentially completely meaningless at that point (not that it means a ton now).

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1324441#Comment_1324441

    Thats an interesting idea. It also encourages people that belong there to stay at the higher ranks.

    However, unless I missed something, I dont think theyre overhauling tge ranking system. I think tge plan is a hidden skill level and then ranks hidden so only you can see your rank, which is essentially completely meaningless at that point (not that it means a ton now).

    I am too lazy to search for the quote, but I am pretty sure that the Devs have confirmed that the ranking system has a new algorithm that has already been implemented into the game to collect data on players and to better rank them in the future. Matchmaking and ranking really are the most vital things that need to be improved for a better Dbd.

    If hidden rankings mean I get more fun games with people of similar skill, I will have no problem. But if it turns out to be more or less of the same, I will be moving on to new pastures. I have a bunch of free games from the Epic store that I need to play.

  • @AvisDeene said:

    I disagree with the concept of buffing solo in order to bring them closer to swf. There isn't a need for it since anyone can make friends and play swf if they want more information. I find that it is just an excuse for survivors to get more buffs.

    What needs to happen is:

    A. Matchmaking and Rankings need an overhaul. Thankfully, the Devs are working on this and hopefully, this would fix a lot of frustration with having bad teammates at higher rankings.

    B. The game needs to be balanced more around higher ranking players rather than average solo players. This isn't to say that lower ranking matches shouldn't be considered. They should implement a system to where Perk Slots unlock depending on your ranking rather than your character level. So people that are rank 17-20 should have 1 perk slot available, 13-16 should have 2 slots available, 9-12 should have three available and 1-8 should get all 4 available. Then they could make it to where certain perks only unlock at specific ranks as well. This would make it easier to balance the game for each of those rank groups and to not overwhelm newer and weaker players while ensuring a more fair matchmaking.

    I am not a game developer so I know I my suggestion can be bad, but with the way things are not, some of this stuff needs to change.

    I’m normally against basing difficulty on rank because people will depip on purpose, but fewer slots and less perks available would be interesting.

    Do you wanna play against a “good killer,” will all of your options available or go against a potato without BT and DS know that a lot of low rank killers tunnel...

  • @StardustSpeedway said:

    So you want a very powerful perk (Kindred) to be part of the base kit for solo survivors? That is ridiculous. Just equip Kindred. That's what I do and I play this game as a solo survivor. Is giving up one perk slot for Kindred too much to ask for? I don't think it is at all with all the information it gives you.

    Equipping it would also eliminate your 2nd request which is gen progress. When someone gets hooked and you have Kindred, you can see the auras of survivors and if they're working on gens, you know which gens are being worked on. If you're hooked, your kindred also gives information to the rest of your team.

    The only thing for me anyway that would be helpful to know is if someone else is in a chase other than the obsession, but even then, it isn't needed when there's perks like bond, kindred, empathy, aftercare and even the terror radius to determine that.

    In conclusion, use Kindred!

    Solid points, I actually always use either Bond or Kindred as survivor. Mostly kindred although if I don’t have any self caring (inner or medkit) I use Bond to find people when I need it.

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1324441#Comment_1324441

    I’m normally against basing difficulty on rank because people will depip on purpose, but fewer slots and less perks available would be interesting.

    Do you wanna play against a “good killer,” will all of your options available or go against a potato without BT and DS know that a lot of low rank killers tunnel...

    Yes, a lot of low rank Killers tunnel, but in my experience, lots or red rank killers do too.

    I just figured that the less perks lower ranks had, the easier it would be for them to get used to and learn the game.

    In order to prevent strong players from going against weaker ones, they could just force Players to stay within a higher threshold once they get above let’s say rank 10. So a rank 1 that wants to go back to rank 15 would not be able to go past rank 9.

    Again, I’m just pulling these numbers from thin air just to give you an idea. More thought needs to be put into it, but I really think it would make a better system to help new and weaker players to enjoy the game.