Camping

I do not and cannot comprehend why a killer would feel the need to camp on a single hooked victim. It offers no strategic advantage whatsoever. If you're a survivor looking for some tips, or a killer who's disagrees, this is the discussion that I hope will end camping in Dead by Daylight.

Comments

  • I came up with few reasons why killer would feel the need to camp.

    • Frustration
    • They don't know better/are new
    • Clicky-clicky / teabagging survivors
    • Enjoyment from camping

    Camping won't go away as long as the game allows it. Same with teabagging, clicky-clickys, SWF swat teams, suiciding on hook, DC, moris, keys etc...

  • You're right, camping offers no strategic advantage whatsoever. It puts all the power in the survivors' hands. Problem is, they almost always squander it and make camping worthwhile for the killer.

  • I think it boils down to a) not knowing any better, and b) being jerks. When I was a brand-new player and literally knew nothing about the intended game flow or strategic value of this-or-that, I played Myers, and I facecamped my first hook because I was like "Hey, this is what Michael Myers would do! Remember when he shishkabobbed that guy in the original Halloween and then stared at him creepily?" My behavior was quickly corrected, and I never did that again.

    There's a particular streamer I have encountered who takes absolute JOY in playing a facecamping Cannibal. It's what he does, and he does it night after night. It's the whole theme of his stream, and he delights in arguing with survivors during post-game chat over the validity of it, and then finger-wags them for falling for it instead of fixing generators. Not gonna name and shame here, but he's a shining example of why some players do this.