"Ever Changing Meta" - Devs

Okay I just wanna say this.

The meta, has been more or less the same. For a LONG time. Mostly for survivors, killers kind of have it too.


Admit it guys, survivors have 4 extremely powerful perks, all of them consistently useful.

1: Borrowed Time

2: Adrenaline

3: Sprint Burst

4: Decisive Strike

Self care isn't as meta anymore so there's that.

I constantly see one of these perks, there just too good to get rid of if you want a higher chance at winning.


Devs, you got to take a look at some of the perks you released.

Ace for example, all of his perks are kinda garbo if you have to rely on luck. I mean yeah it's his gimmick but at least make it more generally useful.

Here I added additional effects to some of his perks. + Means it's a added effect.


Open Handed: +Increases survivor aura perk duration by 1/2/3 seconds. For example.

Up the Ante: +When a debuff it applied to you. The first 10 seconds, you're completely ignore it. Goes on a 60/45/30 second cooldown. "The pokerface, master it and your tells are harder to spot." - Ace

If you don't know what tells are: "When a player does a subtle movement or action that indicates their cards. Basically your body snitches on you." There, you got some poker knowledge reading this.

Ace in a hole: +Open chests 15% faster, if you decided to not pick up the item that you recently looted. It will be revealed to all allies. (Highlighted White) Allies who pick up the item increases the perk user's luck by 1/2/3% every time.


This causes Ace to become a stronger support character.


Ash for ANOTHER example, jeez his perks are so hard to even utilize the effects. And when you do get the effects it doesn't have crazy impact other than Mettle of Man. Again MoM needs extreme synergy with items and perks.

Flip Flop: +Retain 25% of your remaining struggle time the next time your downed.

Buckle Up: (Im changing it completely.) Successfully doing a protection hit causes nearby survivors in a 12 meter radius to gain 10% haste for 4 seconds. If that survivor is being carried, the struggle bar gets 3/4/5% added. (THIS MAKES LEGION'S MAD GRIT MORE USEFUL, boom 2 perks are improved.)

MoM: Ehh I guess it's okay since the other 2 have been improved.


Ash is now both more survivable and heroic, matches his character no?


Okay let me think of one more...

...

...

Ah, Jeff.


Aftercare: +Now applies effect when you do a protection hit for an ally. (Tbh I think it's already okayish)

Breakdown: +Killer moves 3/4/5% slower when carrying you, killer gets warned if you do have it. (Boom Agitation is more useful.)

Distortion: +Now recharges tokens when inside the killer radius. (Like Detective's Hunch)


OH yeah Detective's Hunch too.

Detective's Hunch: +When a survivor gets hooked and your within 16/20/24 meters from it. Gain a token. (This makes it more consistent when the killer is a stealth killer.)

OH YEAH ANOTHER ONE, DIVERSION.

Diversion: +No longer needs to be inside a terror radius to throw the rock, can also throw the rock at a gen to cause an explosion. Crouching recharges perk 10% faster.

Brain just connected 1 and 2: Autodidact

Autodidact: + Increases healing skillcheck frequency by 0/5/10%.


There's ton of other perks that could be improved. Please I just want to see survivor variety for once lmao.

Comments

  • *Oopsie I mixed up Detective's Hunch with Stakeout*

  • Second chance perks are way too strong. Its not an urgent issue though, because 4/5 players like it that way

  • @Weederick said:

    Second chance perks are way too strong. Its not an urgent issue though, because 4/5 players like it that way

    I know but I just want to see some really cool survivor combos in higher ranks. Makes be sad seeing 80% of perks barely being used.

    I once put Deja Vu on for fun but everyone in the endgame chat made me look like a idiot :(

    I like auras mkay?

  • @CriticalWeasel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1320626#Comment_1320626

    I know but I just want to see some really cool survivor combos in higher ranks. Makes be sad seeing 80% of perks barely being used.

    I once put Deja Vu on for fun but everyone in the endgame chat made me look like a idiot :(

    I like auras mkay?

    Hey man i feel you. But nerfing survivor crutches is forbidden. Infinites took 4 years and that was gamebreaking, yet irrelevant for the devs.

  • @CriticalWeasel said:

    Okay I just wanna say this.

    The meta, has been more or less the same. For a LONG time. Mostly for survivors, killers kind of have it too.

    Admit it guys, survivors have 4 extremely powerful perks, all of them consistently useful.

    1: Borrowed Time

    2: Adrenaline

    3: Sprint Burst

    4: Decisive Strike

    Self care isn't as meta anymore so there's that.

    I constantly see one of these perks, there just too good to get rid of if you want a higher chance at winning.

    Devs, you got to take a look at some of the perks you released.

    Ace for example, all of his perks are kinda garbo if you have to rely on luck. I mean yeah it's his gimmick but at least make it more generally useful.

    Here I added additional effects to some of his perks. + Means it's a added effect.

    Open Handed: +Increases survivor aura perk duration by 1/2/3 seconds. For example.

    Up the Ante: +When a debuff it applied to you. The first 10 seconds, you're completely ignore it. Goes on a 60/45/30 second cooldown. "The pokerface, master it and your tells are harder to spot." - Ace

    If you don't know what tells are: "When a player does a subtle movement or action that indicates their cards. Basically your body snitches on you." There, you got some poker knowledge reading this.

    Ace in a hole: +Open chests 15% faster, if you decided to not pick up the item that you recently looted. It will be revealed to all allies. (Highlighted White) Allies who pick up the item increases the perk user's luck by 1/2/3% every time.

    This causes Ace to become a stronger support character.

    Ash for ANOTHER example, jeez his perks are so hard to even utilize the effects. And when you do get the effects it doesn't have crazy impact other than Mettle of Man. Again MoM needs extreme synergy with items and perks.

    Flip Flop: +Retain 25% of your remaining struggle time the next time your downed.

    Buckle Up: (Im changing it completely.) Successfully doing a protection hit causes nearby survivors in a 12 meter radius to gain 10% haste for 4 seconds. If that survivor is being carried, the struggle bar gets 3/4/5% added. (THIS MAKES LEGION'S MAD GRIT MORE USEFUL, boom 2 perks are improved.)

    MoM: Ehh I guess it's okay since the other 2 have been improved.

    Ash is now both more survivable and heroic, matches his character no?

    Okay let me think of one more...

    ...

    ...

    Ah, Jeff.

    Aftercare: +Now applies effect when you do a protection hit for an ally. (Tbh I think it's already okayish)

    Breakdown: +Killer moves 3/4/5% slower when carrying you, killer gets warned if you do have it. (Boom Agitation is more useful.)

    Distortion: +Now recharges tokens when inside the killer radius. (Like Detective's Hunch)

    OH yeah Detective's Hunch too.

    Detective's Hunch: +When a survivor gets hooked and your within 16/20/24 meters from it. Gain a token. (This makes it more consistent when the killer is a stealth killer.)

    OH YEAH ANOTHER ONE, DIVERSION.

    Diversion: +No longer needs to be inside a terror radius to throw the rock, can also throw the rock at a gen to cause an explosion. Crouching recharges perk 10% faster.

    Brain just connected 1 and 2: Autodidact

    Autodidact: + Increases healing skillcheck frequency by 0/5/10%.

    There's ton of other perks that could be improved. Please I just want to see survivor variety for once lmao.

    Yeah, Why do they change killer meta not survivor meta? Ruin is trash now alone.

  • @Icery said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/157599/ever-changing-meta-devs

    Yeah, Why do they change killer meta not survivor meta? Ruin is trash now alone.

    I wouldn't say new Ruin is "Trash", it's now more consistent with it's impact.

    Plus if your a very mobile killer (Like Legion, nobody wants to get stabbed so they run.) it can really screw survivors over overtime.


    But yeah, killer meta changes all the time, survivor meta is always the same. Welp.