Ranking system is not very welcomming to new players

Hello,

I have been playing this game for almost 50 hours now, and I love playing killer and sometimes survivor. The problem im running into that as a rank 12 killer or rank 15 survivor im getting way to high ranked killers/survivors. In 1 game I had 2 rank 1 survivors as killer. Im not one to walk away from a challange because thats the main way I learn to get better. But when playing vs very high skilled players I dont feel motivated to become better or learn from the experience I just get very very frustrated and dont wanna play anymore.


Bit of a ramble but this is my feedback though, get a better and more welcomming experience for new players. Yes you learn from better players, but with a huge skill gap you just get frustrated.

Comments

  • @levaa said:

    Hello,

    I have been playing this game for almost 50 hours now, and I love playing killer and sometimes survivor. The problem im running into that as a rank 12 killer or rank 15 survivor im getting way to high ranked killers/survivors. In 1 game I had 2 rank 1 survivors as killer. Im not one to walk away from a challange because thats the main way I learn to get better. But when playing vs very high skilled players I dont feel motivated to become better or learn from the experience I just get very very frustrated and dont wanna play anymore.

    Bit of a ramble but this is my feedback though, get a better and more welcomming experience for new players. Yes you learn from better players, but with a huge skill gap you just get frustrated.

    You aren't the only one. Just try to not get frustrated and have fun. Switch back to survivor for a few matches. I went through exactly the same thing for awhile. I definitely got better. Sometimes you just can't always win.

  • @levaa said:

    Hello,

    I have been playing this game for almost 50 hours now, and I love playing killer and sometimes survivor. The problem im running into that as a rank 12 killer or rank 15 survivor im getting way to high ranked killers/survivors. In 1 game I had 2 rank 1 survivors as killer. Im not one to walk away from a challange because thats the main way I learn to get better. But when playing vs very high skilled players I dont feel motivated to become better or learn from the experience I just get very very frustrated and dont wanna play anymore.

    Bit of a ramble but this is my feedback though, get a better and more welcomming experience for new players. Yes you learn from better players, but with a huge skill gap you just get frustrated.

    Also are you on console or PC?

  • I am on PC. I try to do the switcheroo once in a while. I know I cant win everything, but getting challanged by rank 8 players is fine as rank 12. But I just dont learn anything from red ranked players, to many mechanics are thrown in my face that leave me confused but then also to get crushed by the skill in dodging using perks and getting flashlighted to eternal damnation. And as survivor to get 3 min of gameplay. I really like this game but I am having such a hard time getting over that rank gap