Any Demogorgon mains have some tips?

Man,I just played him for the first time and felt like I was being laughed at. I really didn't have any clue what to do in most cases. The Shred thing feels like it's only supposed to be used in certain situations. Maybe like when they are going to vault? I dunno. I don't like how his footsteps seem to overwhelm the rest of the sounds either. And I'm not sure what the heart beat alerts were for?

Comments

  • Here are some few tips i got:

    Pay attention to the survivor's item (if they have one), if they're running to a window and you see their item disappear it means they are 100% vaulting and cannot cancel the vault, use this to your advantage and dedicate yourself to the shred attack cuz you know for a fact they will vault the window.

    Run stbfl, and when you see the obsession use your shred attack to hit them so that you don't waste stacks, but be careful not to miss the shred cuz this can result in the obsession escaping which wastes a lot more of your time, if you see any other survivor just use an m1 attack, unless they force you to use shred cuz they're about to vault or about to get to get to a pallet.. etc

    Don't waste too much time placing portals, 3 or 4 portals will do, and always keep 1 portal in your pocket for emergency. since demo cannot pick portals back unless survivors seal them. and make sure to place them near generators.

    when you hook a survivor in the basement make sure to place the portal on top of the basement stairs, so that you can cut off survivors faster, cuz if you place the portal deep in the basement survivors can easily just run past it before you get there.

    Also you should watch these great demo guides:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WoemxN7B18 - PART 1

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT3rnWPNY8U - PART 2

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crw2LcaGNFY - Another guide made by a demogorgon main in twitch called Bronx

  • I feel like I am doing some sort of charity case role-play every time I try Demogorgon, because I am really bad at him.

  • @Rydog said:

    I feel like I am doing some sort of charity case role-play every time I try Demogorgon, because I am really bad at him.

    You can really see the people who stand out as just fans of the series but aren't very strong with the killer. :P

    I try to change between killers, but I feel like I am just a fanboy doing a diservice when I play demo.

  • @Clockso said:

    Here are some few tips i got:

    Pay attention to the survivor's item (if they have one), if they're running to a window and you see their item disappear it means they are 100% vaulting and cannot cancel the vault, use this to your advantage and dedicate yourself to the shred attack cuz you know for a fact they will vault the window.

    Run stbfl, and when you see the obsession use your shred attack to hit them so that you don't waste stacks, but be careful not to miss the shred cuz this can result in the obsession escaping which wastes a lot more of your time, if you see any other survivor just use an m1 attack, unless they force you to use shred cuz they're about to vault or about to get to get to a pallet.. etc

    Don't waste too much time placing portals, 3 or 4 portals will do, and always keep 1 portal in your pocket for emergency. since demo cannot pick portals back unless survivors seal them. and make sure to place them near generators.

    when you hook a survivor in the basement make sure to place the portal on top of the basement stairs, so that you can cut off survivors faster, cuz if you place the portal deep in the basement survivors can easily just run past it before you get there.

    Also you should watch these great demo guides:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WoemxN7B18 - PART 1

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT3rnWPNY8U - PART 2

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crw2LcaGNFY - Another guide made by a demogorgon main in twitch called Bronx

    I really appreciate the in depth response. I'll keep all that in mind. I couldn't seem to do much of anything at all,and was just confused.

  • @Latin_Kidd92 said:

    I used to be trash at Demo and now I'm decent with him and enjoy playing him. I would use his shred alot and miss and realized I had to use his basic attack more than shred. What I REALLY recommend on Demo is Corrupt Intervention (Plauge perk) to set up portals and an add-on called "Rat Liver" which is a brown add-on, it makes you move at 101% (instead of 92% or 93%) speed which is 1% faster than survivors while holding Shred. You can use it to bait them into thinking you're going to pounce and make them start wiggling left n right allowing you to catch up faster.

    When holding Shred sometimes a heartbeat will play meaning a survivor is near an opened portal which is highlighted in yellow, meaning you must have went through the portal first to open it. A closed portal wont detect them therefore no heartbeat will appear and these are highlighted in white, to activate a portal you need to teleport through it first.

    If a survivor is running to a window make sure to hold Shred to bait them and not take the window but if they do then you still have enough time to lunge and hit them.

    Appreciate that. Makes a lot of sense. Definitely seemed like you needed to know some stuff to pull anything off.

  • @NotDBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1317398#Comment_1317398

    You can really see the people who stand out as just fans of the series but aren't very strong with the killer. :P

    I try to change between killers, but I feel like I am just a fanboy doing a diservice when I play demo.

    Never saw Stranger Things in my life. I barely even knew what it was. I did see the creature design somewhere before,but I can't remember where. That's why I saved the chapter as the last one I bought. That pack and Ash,I just got yesterday. Got like 8 chapters this month lol.

  • @kazakun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1317402#Comment_1317402

    Never saw Stranger Things in my life. I barely even knew what it was. I did see the creature design somewhere before,but I can't remember where. That's why I saved the chapter as the last one I bought. That pack and Ash,I just got yesterday. Got like 8 chapters this month lol.

    Well I hope you did enjoy it in the end. Not too bad of show either. At least you will have a lot of new content to practice at :)