Suggestion for item's add-on loss

Hey, so quick idea! I played a round with an anti-hemo (sorry I try not to be toxic, I just like to burn my best items before prestiging so this was no biggy losing it anyways) and then went against an AFK killer, resulting in absolutely no use of the item.

Could item's add-ons not be completely lost on escape?

My suggestion is this:

  • When hooked, one add-on of yours is set to be lost on escape, the highest rarity being prioritized in this scenario.
  • The add-on is not lost, but on escape, the add-on will be taken then.
  • If playing against an AFK killer and you don't get hooked, or just don't get hooked at all, both of your add-ons will remain unaffected.
  • If you get hooked once, one add-on (being the higher rarity or random if same rarity) will be designated to be lost once you escape.
  • If you get hooked twice, both add-ons will be designated to be lost once you escape.

I think this may be a bit strange, but possibly a reasonable way of approaching AFK killers and how you lose your add-ons either way.

This change would make getting hooked a more feared punishment, all the while enforcing the "lose your add-ons upon escape" idea.

(edit: changed title to match "add-on" part)

Comments

  • @MiniPisa said:

    I honestly just hate the new add-on loss thing. They wanted to make it fair because killers lose their add-ons... but... why not switch it around? Like instead it being killers can also keep add-ons if they get a 3-4k (or anything above brutal killer)... surely that's way better..

    Yeah that's fair. I was like "killers keeping their add-ons... hmmmm" but yeah no that seems fair actually. Maybe the other way tho, if they succeed then they lose their add-ons. Imagine clowns running about using redhead's pinky and getting to KEEP that...