Unpopular Opinion: I enjoy playing against good SWFs

Whenever I see a swf load into my lobby with their colorful or unique outfits and flashlights, my first thought isn't something like: "Oh god a swf. Time to dodge" or "Time to throw on an ebony mori". It's more like " Oh hell yea a real challenge with real red ranks full of interaction between both sides and super altruistic survivors. Time to bring out my best killer and build and put my skills to the test". I don't even mind if i lose if the survivors are actually really good and can read my mindgames because if they can then they deserve to win as i have tons of respect for really good players. And if I do win it feels so much more rewarding and satisfying than bodying some solos or casuals. I also wish I could play against more good players in general as I feel like it only makes me a better player myself. I like to feel like I'm getting better as a player and good players let me test myself.

So as a final word to my fellow killer mains out there; don't be afraid and back down from a swf because you can't expect yourself to get better if you don't try. Sure you may lose but you'll only get better and learn more from experience.

Comments

  • It's not fear. It's wanting to have fun. SWF Swats aren't fun for me. You have it at it, though.

  • I also enjoy playing against a good swf, so long as I have forewarning. But that's the problem, and not one that can be fixed. If I know it's a swf team, I'm bringing in the good stuff and I'm not going to be merciful. If it's the right play, I'll do it, and I expect nothing less from them. There's a couple SWF groups in my region that I actually recognise and give hard games, and it's usually a draw. But the problem is that when you aren't expecting a good swf, you don't really use solid builds, killers and add-ons. And you get steamrolled. And it's just not a good time. But a SWF indicator would kill the game, so it's down to the matchmaking system to fix it.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    I also enjoy playing against a good swf, so long as I have forewarning. But that's the problem, and not one that can be fixed. If I know it's a swf team, I'm bringing in the good stuff and I'm not going to be merciful. If it's the right play, I'll do it, and I expect nothing less from them. There's a couple SWF groups in my region that I actually recognise and give hard games, and it's usually a draw. But the problem is that when you aren't expecting a good swf, you don't really use solid builds, killers and add-ons. And you get steamrolled. And it's just not a good time. But a SWF indicator would kill the game, so it's down to the matchmaking system to fix it.

    I can agree on that. It's not all that fun if you don't come prepared and they're absolutely decked out. And unfortunately you're right an indication of a swf would kill the game.

  • @Lx_malice said:

    Whenever I see a swf load into my lobby with their colorful or unique outfits and flashlights, my first thought isn't something like: "Oh god a swf. Time to dodge" or "Time to throw on an ebony mori". It's more like " Oh hell yea a real challenge with real red ranks full of interaction between both sides and super altruistic survivors. Time to bring out my best killer and build and put my skills to the test". I don't even mind if i lose if the survivors are actually really good and can read my mindgames because if they can then they deserve to win as i have tons of respect for really good players. And if I do win it feels so much more rewarding and satisfying than bodying some solos or casuals. I also wish I could play against more good players in general as I feel like it only makes me a better player myself. I like to feel like I'm getting better as a player and good players let me test myself.

    So as a final word to my fellow killer mains out there; don't be afraid and back down from a swf because you can't expect yourself to get better if you don't try. Sure you may lose but you'll only get better and learn more from experience.

    The only groups I dont like facing are the super objective focused ones that get 4 gens done in 2 minutes. Theres nothing fun about that and short of dragging someone into the basement Im pretty sure theres no stopping it.

    Everything else is fine. The flashlight bully squads are predictable af and its rare I lose to them anymore.

  • I do like playing against SWF's

    It gives me perspective on what I do good and what I do bad...

    Even though it can get frustrating at times

  • A challenge is going against good survivors that play the game the game the way it was meant.

    Swf on the other hand, are just busted cause they abuse a system the game was never balanced for, and it shows heavily.

    Looping really well and having good pathing is admirable.

    Being 100% aware of the killers position all the time cause you're using a system that's not meant to exist is borderline exploitation.

  • I genuinely dislike bodying bad survivors and quit/ take a break when I do. I like the challenge of strong swfs, just not every game in a row or when I'm boosted.