The reason I ask is because I play on PS4 and I don't trust PC players, they're tech is faster and hackers are a issue. I'd be ok with Xbox, but if I wanted to turn off crossplay with PC players, could I?
Console killers have huge FPS drops, survivors don't. Most "fps drops" you see on DBD are server related and both PC and console have this issue.
Stretched Res and hacks are very common and considered cheating. you know cheaters can already force themselves in console lobbies?
Mouse and Keyboard doesn't provide a huge advantage in DBD like it would a twitch shooter. For survivors there is practically no advantage one way or the other.
The game is hardly optimized on PC either. The new graphics might fix that on all systems.
Isnt default pc fps 60? I know many players have it uncapped and play at 120 or higher. Console can barely get 30. That alone breaks the game.
Controllers simply cannot do what m+k can. Pc killers have a massive precision advantage over console, especially on skill killers. Additionally, controllers have limited camera speed. Just compare the speed at which a PC player can shake their heads vs console.
I've never seen a hacker on PC. It's not as common as you would think. There really isn't anything console survivors have to worry about when playing against PTB killers, other than the fact that they cant abuse auto aim, but good killers don't fall for that anyways. Console killers will just have to have max sensitivity to catch the 360s
Anyone who does not see PC has an advantage over console has simply never played the game on console and that is all there is to it. You are extremely lucky to get 30fps on console...and i'm not even including the switch version which plays worse than dbd mobile. If the devs can make console run at the same fps as pc then it would be fair. As it stands now console killers will get embarrassed on crossplay.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Basically, what BBQnDemo said... there’s already a precedent. And common sense.
Isnt default pc fps 60? I know many players have it uncapped and play at 120 or higher. Console can barely get 30. That alone breaks the game.
Controllers simply cannot do what m+k can. Pc killers have a massive precision advantage over console, especially on skill killers. Additionally, controllers have limited camera speed. Just compare the speed at which a PC player can shake their heads vs console.
I've never seen a hacker on PC. It's not as common as you would think. There really isn't anything console survivors have to worry about when playing against PTB killers, other than the fact that they cant abuse auto aim, but good killers don't fall for that anyways. Console killers will just have to have max sensitivity to catch the 360s
There already is and option to opt out on pc! i will show u with some screenshots
Anyone who does not see PC has an advantage over console has simply never played the game on console and that is all there is to it. You are extremely lucky to get 30fps on console...and i'm not even including the switch version which plays worse than dbd mobile. If the devs can make console run at the same fps as pc then it would be fair. As it stands now console killers will get embarrassed on crossplay.