Glad it's Silent Hill!

As much as I love the Hellraiser series, I'm an absolute fan of Silent Hill games, they were hard and creepy as #########, Pyramid Head kinda fits in the game since his whole life is basically torturing and killing over and over again, the fact of having Heather (Cheryl's real name) is awesome, I do believe it's my favorite chapter YET with the Halloween chapter (I'm on Switch)

Comments

  • I love it too. I'm just a little disappointed we didn't get his better looking artwork.. yet. It might come later, but then you have to pay another 10 bucks for it.

  • @OniWantsUrLocation said:

    I love it too. I'm just a little disappointed we didn't get his better looking artwork.. yet. It might come later, but then you have to pay another 10 bucks for it.

    Better looking artwork?

  • Yeah you can clearly tell the devs know Silent Hill very well. I think it's actually very intentional "lore-wise" as to why James isn't the survivor, even if most people would think it makes more sense. Spoiler for SH2 btw but: think about it. Jame's isn't actually a very good person deep down. He's very flawed. In fact, he's a murderer. He doesn't seem the type to want to survive at all costs. And you can see him manifest some pretty dark thoughts and emotions throughout the whole game. Something almost all killers in DBD manifest, before they turn into what they've become. Survivors who lose hope and faith, become killers. And I think James is quite literally manifested as Pyramid Head and brought into the world of DBD.

  • @tixerp said:

    Yeah you can clearly tell the devs know Silent Hill very well. I think it's actually very intentional "lore-wise" as to why James isn't the survivor, even if most people would think it makes more sense. Spoiler for SH2 btw but: think about it. Jame's isn't actually a very good person deep down. He's very flawed. In fact, he's a murderer. He doesn't seem the type to want to survive at all costs. And you can see him manifest some pretty dark thoughts and emotions throughout the whole game. Something almost all killers in DBD manifest, before they turn into what they've become. Survivors who lose hope and faith, become killers. And I think James is quite literally manifested as Pyramid Head and brought into the world of DBD.

    I know my Silent Hill lore but yeah, I prefer by far Heather than James

  • @tixerp said:

    Yeah you can clearly tell the devs know Silent Hill very well. I think it's actually very intentional "lore-wise" as to why James isn't the survivor, even if most people would think it makes more sense. Spoiler for SH2 btw but: think about it. Jame's isn't actually a very good person deep down. He's very flawed. In fact, he's a murderer. He doesn't seem the type to want to survive at all costs. And you can see him manifest some pretty dark thoughts and emotions throughout the whole game. Something almost all killers in DBD manifest, before they turn into what they've become. Survivors who lose hope and faith, become killers. And I think James is quite literally manifested as Pyramid Head and brought into the world of DBD.

    That's actually a fairly good theory on why it's Heather and not James. He became the monster he brought to life.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1310524#Comment_1310524

    That's actually a fairly good theory on why it's Heather and not James. He became the monster he brought to life.

    Wrong, don't mix games, James never became Pyramid Head, in any of the Silent Hill 2 endings