graphics update suggestion

when the graphical update will come out , can you put better blood effects in the new update , when the blood splashes on your screen it looks a bit plain . I would like it if it was updated to look more like liquid like the blood effects in gears of war when you chainsaw a locust .

Comments

  • Well, It's already an adult game isn't? I don't see a reason why we don't get guts spilling everywhere.

  • @MiniPisa said:

    They should definitely do this.

    Does anyone else feel like they're afraid to use gore? There's barely any blood or anything 'gross' in the game and isn't that kind of what makes a horror game.. Horror?

    Mori's are gross enough, they can't make you soaked in blood everytime you hit a survivor, it's bad for the game.

    Now for the OP, i would like some AA settings just so i can disable FXAA and enable MSAA and some vsync settings so i don't have to change it in the files every update. Also i would like some options for resolution (my monitor res is 1920x1080 but i have to change it everytime to 1600x1080 bcs i like playing game stretched) and a true fullscreen if possible.

  • I meant when the blood splashes on the screen I want the blood to look like 3d droplets not be overexcesive like gears I did not write my OP properly , like when you play a racing game and the rain droplets look 3d thats what I meant

  • @MiniPisa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1308799#Comment_1308799

    Idk maybe it's just me but I don't find the mori's gross at all. Deathslinger's is the most graphic, but there's just no blood or anything actually gross happening. I saw on Twitter someone hoping the Executioner's mori was them pealing the survivors skin off, and although that sounds disturbing that would be way cooler than what it actually is IMO. And yeah, I don't mean for the screen necessarily, just blood in general coming out the survivor and maybe on the hook? I mean there's literally a giant meat hook inside their body don't ya think there should be some blood dripping? :P

    And imma be honest, I have no idea what you said with all that.. file stuff.. ๐Ÿ˜‚

    I'd actually say no to the blood dripping. Not from any qualms I have against things like that in horror-themed games, but rather the strain it's inevitably gonna put on the hardware.

    Remember the old Wraith + Sloppy Butcher bug where survivors would endlessly have the "blood spurt" effect coming out of their model? That absolutely trashed the frame rate of anyone who did so much as glance in that survivor's direction, and especially sucked if you were the afflicted survivor (it was almost game-breakingly bad on console, at least). Adding a 'blood drip' effect, while a boost to atmospheric immersion, treads dangerously close to that bug's territory, and leaves me concerned for my frame rate.

    Also, you say Deathslinger has the most graphic mori, but I feel obligated to mention that Clown cuts off pinkies, Oni rips out tongues, Demogorgon nearly consumes players, and Hag disembowels survivors. Deathslinger has a solidly brutal mori animation, but it's probably not the worst way to go compared with other killers'.

  • what are you even talking about ? its a 2d effect . if your gpu cant run 2d effects then you can't even play this game so your post makes no sense .