Beginning of Match changes

They mentioned that like the EGC they want to add something to the beginning which could be a huge deal. Any ideas on what they mean?

Comments

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    They mentioned that like the EGC they want to add something to the beginning which could be a huge deal. Any ideas on what they mean?

    Hmm i thinks it could mean the killer doesn't spend a lot of time searching for survs and a few gens could be popped, maybe it's something to do with that?

  • The BGE obviously. Beginning Game Expansion

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    The BGE obviously. Beginning Game Expansion

    Ha ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • I really hope it is a new objective for survivors, something we can do before jumping on gens to help pace the game.


    Maybe just me but i grow tired of rushing to do gens.

  • Maybe it could be some baseline form of Corrupt Intervention? Or maybe the killer sees survivor auras briefly at the beginning of the match? I'm trying to come up with what else could be really meaningful for a beginning-of-match pacing change.

  • I hope it's a Trial Warmup

  • @shwag said:

    I really hope it is a new objective for survivors, something we can do before jumping on gens to help pace the game.

    Maybe just me but i grow tired of rushing to do gens.

    Me too, the game is missing secondary objectives. I play both sides and yeah rushing gens gets old

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    I hope it's a Trial Warmup

    Define trial warm up

  • @shwag said:

    I really hope it is a new objective for survivors, something we can do before jumping on gens to help pace the game.

    Maybe just me but i grow tired of rushing to do gens.

    No one's forcing you to rush gens. You always have the choice of going for saves, doing bones, or searching chests if you feel like it. I agree a new objective would be nice though.

  • It could be something that you find in some other games, where the game can't progress beyond a certain point until either certain conditions are met or lapsed time. This is my attempt at trying to come up with the Dbd equivalent. Within the first 5 minutes of the match, the repair speed is reduced by 50% and killers can't hook more than two or three times. I'm not sure how it would work in this game but basically the goal is to slow down the game a little bit at the start.

  • Gens are slowed by 50% or more until the killer gets a hit or into chase.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1304079#Comment_1304079

    No one's forcing you to rush gens. You always have the choice of going for saves, doing bones, or searching chests if you feel like it. I agree a new objective would be nice though.

    Sorry I did not mean that is all I ever do. Sorry to confuse you with that.

    I always do bones and go for safe saves or I would not pip.

  • @Nicholas said:

    It could be something that you find in some other games, where the game can't progress beyond a certain point until either certain conditions are met or lapsed time. This is my attempt at trying to come up with the Dbd equivalent. Within the first 5 minutes of the match, the repair speed is reduced by 50% and killers can't hook more than two or three times. I'm not sure how it would work in this game but basically the goal is to slow down the game a little bit at the start.

    That sounds interesting, 5 mins would be to long but i like the concept

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1304129#Comment_1304129

    Gens are slowed by 50% or more until the killer gets a hit or into chase.

    I dig it