Hide all offerings except for BPS

Right now survivors will leave while the game is loading if they see a hidden offering from the killer to avoid an ebony mori or killer will leave if it's a map offering they don't like. Hide all offerings unless they are Bloody Party Streamers or the seasonal/special ones like Gruesome Gateau or Pustula Petals. This would hopefully cut down on the amount of people that leave when the game is loading in.

Comments

  • @bm33 said:

    Right now survivors will leave while the game is loading if they see a hidden offering from the killer to avoid an ebony mori or killer will leave if it's a map offering they don't like. Hide all offerings unless they are Bloody Party Streamers or the seasonal/special ones like Gruesome Gateau or Pustula Petals. This would hopefully cut down on the amount of people that leave when the game is loading in.

    No,i would rather see the devs properly balance maps and moris so players don't feel forced to DC in order to avoid an extremely unfun match.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/155090/hide-all-offerings-except-for-bps

    No,i would rather see the devs properly balance maps and moris so players don't feel forced to DC in order to avoid an extremely unfun match.

    This^

  • @MiniPisa said:

    Kind of agree with this. I've never known someone to DC because of offerings (especially not with the penalty) but I can believe it.

    The whole "hidden offering" thing is pretty redundant. Its so rare that it's not a mori that the symbol for the hidden offering might as well say "MORI ALERT"

    So, yeah, they might as well make "hidden offerings" actually invisible.

    You don't get the penalty if it's during the loading screen, only once match starts. People in FB groups tested the penalty when it first started and found as long as the match hasn't loaded in you won't get a penalty for leaving. I've had 3 matches today already where a player dropped out during loading, all ebony moris.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/155090/hide-all-offerings-except-for-bps

    No,i would rather see the devs properly balance maps and moris so players don't feel forced to DC in order to avoid an extremely unfun match.

    Maps it looks like they are trying to balance, taking small steps but atleast they're doing something. Moris I'd love for them to adjust but I'm extremely doubtful they will.

    They get way more information from people actually playing the game than people avoiding matches. If they hid the offerings then more people will play the matches and they'll get more information to be able to make changes.

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1300587#Comment_1300587

    Maps it looks like they are trying to balance, taking small steps but atleast they're doing something. Moris I'd love for them to adjust but I'm extremely doubtful they will.

    They get way more information from people actually playing the game than people avoiding matches. If they hid the offerings then more people will play the matches and they'll get more information to be able to make changes.

    They said that they aren't happy with how moris work yet and that they will change something about them at one point in their most recent Q&A,so there is that i guess.

    And we have moris since the beginning of the game.There should already be more than enough data to use.

  • @MiniPisa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1300596#Comment_1300596

    What the heck? So people get penalties for errors, loss of internet and all sorts but when you DC in the loading screen you get nothing?? Do the devs know this?!

    And damn, that sucks.. But that's why I support this idea. Although @OniWantsYourMacaroni makes a great point, I'm pretty confident people would still DC when they see the Hidden offering, balanced Mori's or not.

    The map thing isn't necessary tho IMO. I've never really seen any matches cancelled for taking us to a certain match.. Maybe a DC once we arrive, but at least they'll get a punishment for doing that. But, tbf its rare I see someone bring a map offering anyway

    I think it's because the match cancels so there's nothing to lose, just have to go wait in queue again.

    They could balance the game perfectly and people would still find fault with it. They'll get more information from people playing than avoiding to make changes too.

    Figure if they do all there's no offering being singled out giving away what the other players used. BPS and the special occasion ones being exception because it let's everyone know they can get extra BP - but if they hid those too I'd be fine because BPS is always a jinx when I'm survivor.

  • Eh I've had killers purposely d/c before because people brought streamers. People are just jerks sometimes.

    Though I do agree I think most if not all offerings should be hidden until post match screen.

  • Well, my idea was: hide moris, shrouds and map offerings. This is gonna be nice imo

  • @BeHasU said:

    Well, my idea was: hide moris, shrouds and map offerings. This is gonna be nice imo

    I figured the more hidden the more mystery there is.

  • @MiniPisa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1300791#Comment_1300791

    Yeah now that I think about it when players bring more than 1 Bloody Party Streamer the killer is more determined to sweat lol

    Not shade to killers, just something I experience

    I've seen this a lot as well but people don't have to farm if there are BPS. I just play normally unless I'm in a group and I get a killer that's on my friends list, it's the best way to get the most out of them

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1300828#Comment_1300828

    I figured the more hidden the more mystery there is.

    Three out of the four of killer 'secret' offerings are moris. Almost no killer runs the shroud. And even if they do, many survivors are going to DC not knowing for sure.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1300851#Comment_1300851

    Three out of the four of killer 'secret' offerings are moris. Almost no killer runs the shroud. And even if they do, many survivors are going to DC not knowing for sure.

    That's exactly my point of why all the offerings should be hidden. If every offering is hidden you just know they placed an offering, not what the offering is. Could be 50% BP in a category for all you know.

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1300950#Comment_1300950

    That's exactly my point of why all the offerings should be hidden. If every offering is hidden you just know they placed an offering, not what the offering is. Could be 50% BP in a category for all you know.

    I misunderstood your original post then, sorry!

  • 100% agree, if its a hidden offering its probably a mori.

    @BeHasU said:

    Well, my idea was: hide moris, shrouds and map offerings. This is gonna be nice imo

    @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1300828#Comment_1300828

    I figured the more hidden the more mystery there is.

    This wouldn't solve much, an offering is pretty much always brought in. people would just dodge if they saw no offering because the chances of someone just not bringing one are low. The only real solutions I can think of is make all offering hidden besides a select few, or not showing any offerings at all.

  • Maybe let's tackle the issue at its' core, rather than trying to implement band-aid fixes?


    Making all killer offerings hidden doesn't solve the gamebreaking nature of moris.

    Making all map offerings hidden doesn't solve certain maps being survivor sided.


    Changing the way moris work ACTUALLY fixes the core issue.

    Altering map layouts and structures/loops ACTUALLY fixes the core issue.

  • @MrPenguin said:

    100% agree, if its a hidden offering its probably a mori.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1300828#Comment_1300828

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1300851#Comment_1300851

    This wouldn't solve much, an offering is pretty much always brought in. people would just dodge if they saw no offering because the chances of someone just not bringing one are low. The only real solutions I can think of is make all offering hidden besides a select few, or not showing any offerings at all.

    That is exactly what I'm saying. Hide what all the offerings are except for maybe BPS, but even then you can hide that too, so people don't know if someone played a Mori or a 50% BP in single category. The more offerings you hide the more mystery there is to what's being played.

  • @Theetis said:

    Maybe let's tackle the issue at its' core, rather than trying to implement band-aid fixes?

    Making all killer offerings hidden doesn't solve the gamebreaking nature of moris.

    Making all map offerings hidden doesn't solve certain maps being survivor sided.

    Changing the way moris work ACTUALLY fixes the core issue.

    Altering map layouts and structures/loops ACTUALLY fixes the core issue.

    Why not do both? Hide all the survivor and killer offerings and work on balance. Quitting before playing gives no information about what needs to be worked on. If people can't see what offerings were played they'll be more likely to go into a match and the devs will have more information on what areas exactly need attention.


    As MiniPisa pointed out they could balance Moris but you'll still get people that quit while loading into a game.

  • I saw an idea somewhere that the scratched and cut coin offerings (Less chests) for killer should be hidden offerings.


    When used, the chests STILL spawn as usual (So survivors waste time checking them) and instead of there being an item, it's empty or there's a cheeky "IOU 1 Flashlight -The Entity" note in there.


    This would make cut coins more useful (Currently less chests mean more survivor time spent on generators) and add more hidden offerings.