Next Killer Ideas

I'm just wondering with the shouts of Pyramid Head as a video game DLC killer WHICH I DOUBT it is. I gotta think, has anyone considered other horror killers in games such as Until Dawn, Evil Within? I just haven't seen any talk on them, considering Evil Within had a very interesting killer

Comments

  • Survivors have a video game only character, why not one for killer?

  • @PalletsAndHooks said:

    Survivors have a video game only character, why not one for killer?

    I'm sure that's what they're working towards but you know... money is their main idea. Look at GhostFace, they made discount version. Made it so people had to pay for his classic costume. I would love Pyramid Head as a killer, I just dont know how he'd work. He's a natural slow stalk like killer. Evil Within would be an interesting pick because of the backstory.

  • Resident Evil would work. But there is no discussion on that somewhere, just some mentionings that people would like such a chapter. I wonder how noone could have found an "obvious" clue that chapter 16 will be Resident Evil though :P

    But to be honest, with a quick search I just think Resident Evil and Silent Hill are the only two horror games that would make sense in DBD. But I haven't played Evil Within, so that might work too if you guys say so

  • @Deadeye said:

    Resident Evil would work. But there is no discussion on that somewhere, just some mentionings that people would like such a chapter. I wonder how noone could have found an "obvious" clue that chapter 16 will be Resident Evil though :P

    But to be honest, with a quick search I just think Resident Evil and Silent Hill are the only two horror games that would make sense in DBD. But I haven't played Evil Within, so that might work too if you guys say so

    I dont think RE could to be honest. Like Mr X just walks through a wall. Unless they start allowing a certain killer to just break whole buildings, Mr X wouldnt work. If you consider when he is hit he begins to run faster how would you implement that as an ability. Oh I get a temporary speed boost?

    Nemesis would be the better pick but again. Youd have to make his rocket launcher an ability that just allows him to injure state a group of survivors in a radius which would be broken tbh ๐Ÿ˜…

  • @PodgeNotRodge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1300023#Comment_1300023

    I dont think RE could to be honest. Like Mr X just walks through a wall. Unless they start allowing a certain killer to just break whole buildings, Mr X wouldnt work. If you consider when he is hit he begins to run faster how would you implement that as an ability. Oh I get a temporary speed boost?

    Nemesis would be the better pick but again. Youd have to make his rocket launcher an ability that just allows him to injure state a group of survivors in a radius which would be broken tbh ๐Ÿ˜…

    If you take more time than 5 minutes to develop a concept, I'm sure there are ways to get a working killer. You could also do mutated William Birkin or Wesker for example. And I would not put a rocket launcher into DBD

  • RE could work really well. Bill and Ash have empty holsters, so the survivor aspect of RE would work. There's so many different and varied enemies and villains in the RE universe, that it's feasible to suggest it could fit in DBD one way or another.


    Pyramid Head could work, he has that kind of psychology found within the entitys realm. Not to mention he has that triangle mask, masks being very prominent among DBD killers.


    Why not?

  • This one has been stated to be a classic franchise with an iconic killer, so that rules out a lot of horror games.

    I'm sure it's been considered for future killers, but game killers are always going to come with a huge caveat: if it's a current franchise, it's going to be competing against itself to some degree. Now yes, say Until Dawn and Dbd are vastly different games with little crossover, but that doesn't mean the bean counters at Sony are going to see it that way.