Perk icons

i ahev seen loads of youtubers use custom perk icons and i think they are really cool but i dont want to get banned so i will not use them why not put some cool onesin the shop for shards and cells maybe like 250 auric cells or 4500 shards for some perk icons i would defentntly get a few perk icons!

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • 1- it's a terrible idea to make custom icons purchasable.

    2- you're not getting banned for changing png files, if I were wrong, devs would have told us not to use custom icons when half of the pc community uses them.

  • if custom perk packs were bannable most streamers would be banned by now

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    1- it's a terrible idea to make custom icons purchasable.

    2- you're not getting banned for changing png files, if I were wrong, devs would have told us not to use custom icons when half of the pc community uses them.

    dbd doesnt ban u but they advise you not to becasue eac (easy anti cheat) detects it as someone messing with the game files

  • @GreenPufferFish said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1299849#Comment_1299849

    dbd doesnt ban u but they advise you not to becasue eac (easy anti cheat) detects it as someone messing with the game files

    eac cares ######### about PNG files from the icons folder since non of them change your gameplay experience

    you get banned if you change files for example the .pak ones, which are the ones that textures, sounds, models, etc are in

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1299856#Comment_1299856

    eac cares ######### about PNG files from the icons folder since non of them change your gameplay experience

    you get banned if you change files for example the .pak ones, which are the ones that textures, sounds, models, etc are in

    That may be true for now, but the DbD team said that they can’t guarantee that EAC will not change their behaviour.

  • It's 100% not bannable. And IF (for whatever reason) EAC ever decides that this isn't allowed anymore then your game would simply not start till it recovered the original png files. It's not going to ban people out of the blue.

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    1- it's a terrible idea to make custom icons purchasable.

    2- you're not getting banned for changing png files, if I were wrong, devs would have told us not to use custom icons when half of the pc community uses them.

    Maybe they didn’t mean to make custom made icons available but new icon-sets from that the team would design.

    i think that would be pretty cool

  • Sounds cool. How would consolers not be left out if this though?

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    1- it's a terrible idea to make custom icons purchasable.

    2- you're not getting banned for changing png files, if I were wrong, devs would have told us not to use custom icons when half of the pc community uses them.

    Out of interest, what makes you say that custom perk icons would be a bad addition to the Store?

  • funny thing is people mod their ini files, and icons etc,... but we get time banned for game crashes, crazy time!

  • i jst googled it and it says 50-50 chance you will get banned

    but if you contact eac you can have the ban lifted

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1299849#Comment_1299849

    Out of interest, what makes you say that custom perk icons would be a bad addition to the Store?

    monetizing something which is already free maybe?

    it would be like:

    -community: so we spent hours making new icons for the game

    -bhvr: aight now pay for it

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1299927#Comment_1299927

    monetizing something which is already free maybe?

    it would be like:

    -community: so we spent hours making new icons for the game

    -bhvr: aight now pay for it

    But it's not like they're stopping people from using the free customised ones. They could just create their own "official" icon packs and sell them in the Store for shards, with the advantage being that they're safer (that is, there's not even a slight risk of EAC detecting them as foreign files) and also (possibly) better quality. I'd buy them, because I don't like any of the ones I've seen available for free. The only problem I can see is that it might not be lucrative enough to be worth the effort, but that's an issue of resource management, not exploitation.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1302372#Comment_1302372

    But it's not like they're stopping people from using the free customised ones. They could just create their own "official" icon packs and sell them in the Store for shards. I'd buy them, because I don't like any of the ones I've seen available for free. The only problem I can see is that it might not be lucrative enough to be worth the effort, but that's an issue of resource management, not exploitation.

    if they actually asked people to buy icon packs I don't think they would let people download others fan-made, waste of work and time by the team and money invested for the artists bhvr hired, just to later let people download them externally, so that would lead into making the custom icons banable

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1302392#Comment_1302392

    if they actually asked people to buy icon packs I don't think they would let people download others fan-made, waste of work and time by the team and money invested for the artists bhvr hired, just to later let people download them externally, so that would lead into making the custom icons banable

    They might, or they might not. In that case, it would be banning the custom icons that would be the problem, not making their own available for purchase.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1302396#Comment_1302396

    They might, or they might not. In that case, it would be banning the custom icons that would be the problem, not making their own available for purchase.

    that's why monetizing something already free is a bad idea, and would make all the pc players who use them upset

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1302398#Comment_1302398

    that's why monetizing something already free is a bad idea, and would make all the pc players who use them upset

    As I just said, it's not the monetisation that's the problem. What you're saying is a problem is not the idea being proposed, but something else entirely, which you're assuming would be a side-effect of such a feature being introduced, even though that's by no means a certainty.

    (To clarify, I don't think it's an unreasonable assumption you're making, but it is an assumption, and I think it's worth noting the distinction between it and what OP is actually proposing.)