Ebony Mori rework

Putting it here once again, before im gonna have it shifted to the suggestions, just to get more community feedback:

Reworking it completely(ebony mori only. Ivory is fine and Cypress might need a buff IMO):

  • Remove the 1 hook requirement.
  • Add in a token system. Each hook=1 token. Each completed generator=1 token
  • 2-3 tokens=1 mori(I'd want to say 2, because that would mean 4 hooks and 4 gens=4k, which is basically just a slight mori nerf, but I am tempted to say 3, considering the massive impact an early removal of a survivor can have, leaving a team massively crippled)

This would force survivors to being careful when they pop a gen, because they might screw over their teammate horribly. Especially considering all mori's would have different requirements then and they wont know which is which untill its too late.


Just a sidenote: For Cypress, I feel like once an exit gate is opened, you should be able to kill any of the survivors, having to kill just the final survivor only truly works when there is a DS in play, let alone that you might aswell pick the survivor up and hook them faster than the mori animation lasts, while still gaining extra points by breaking pallets and using abilities.

Comments

  • Hmm..definitely better than the lazy "ideas" people usually have for the mori..I had a huge end game rework focused around moris and keys..but very few people really took the time to read it


  • @immortalls96 said:

    Hmm..definitely better than the lazy "ideas" people usually have for the mori..I had a huge end game rework focused around moris and keys..but very few people really took the time to read it

    Yeah, I had a larger previous post in the past, explaining what was wrong with current ebony, why it was wrong and how its impossible to nerf its current state(2 hook requirement is too much, 1 hook requirement is too little), which also got kinda ignored, but not as much as I initially expected. However, like I said, I am gonna move this to feedback and suggestions with a more in-depth reasoning. Just here to have some people quickly read the idea for the set up, which they can figure out quite quickly what the effects could be in game and then leave their opinion on whether they think its good or bad and what they think is good or bad about it.

    For example: current ebony mori has the "weakness" that it requires 1 hook before you can kill someone. Which must definitely be acknowledged an actually is why I am tempted to say 3 tokens instead rather than 2.

  • Hey and while doing Mori's let's make it so DS deactivates if another survivor is hooked before the timer ends on your DS. That would encourage less tunneling and stop the need for slugging so much.

  • @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1298868#Comment_1298868

    Yeah, I had a larger previous post in the past, explaining what was wrong with current ebony, why it was wrong and how its impossible to nerf its current state(2 hook requirement is too much, 1 hook requirement is too little), which also got kinda ignored, but not as much as I initially expected. However, like I said, I am gonna move this to feedback and suggestions with a more in-depth reasoning. Just here to have some people quickly read the idea for the set up, which they can figure out quite quickly what the effects could be in game and then leave their opinion on whether they think its good or bad and what they think is good or bad about it.

    For example: current ebony mori has the "weakness" that it requires 1 hook before you can kill someone. Which must definitely be acknowledged an actually is why I am tempted to say 3 tokens instead rather than 2.

    It is rather interesting I'll admit it

  • This content has been removed.
  • @DraconDirnc said:

    Hey and while doing Mori's let's make it so DS deactivates if another survivor is hooked before the timer ends on your DS. That would encourage less tunneling and stop the need for slugging so much.

    Kinda a problem there:

    1. that makes DS a ######### solo perk
    2. that makes DS an anti-tunnel perk(which it kinda is, but also isnt).

    In fact, if you deactivate DS like that, then you could still be tunneled, slug and still down someone else to hook them to deactivate a DS on someone. It wouldnt really change the game that much and screw solo survivors over even harder.


    DS is fine as it currently is. Its easy to get around and it actually prevents tunneling a bit. Perhaps you get slugged, but being slugged and picked up by teammates is better than getting 2 hookstages in 20 seconds time. But if I were to change/rework DS:

    1. When in 16 meter range of your old hook, trigger DS automatically
    2. If not in the 16 meter range: Get the wiggle meter to 75% before an automatic DS.
    3. Reduce the stun timer to 3 seconds again(the whole reason it got increased to 5 seconds, was because of Enduring being able to reduce the 3 seconds)
    4. Each hookstage lowers the required wiggle timer with 25%
    5. DS is always active, but can only be used once.

    That way, a DS still guarantees a safe escape, wont punish the killer as harshly and can both be used as an anti-tunnel perk and a tactical perk for later use, especially in combination with flip-flop. I never really saw the use of a DS skillcheck, as its essentially just a button press.