Is it time to fix Hawkins?
I'm noticing that survivors are dc'ing like crazy when they see a Hawkins offering. Its the new mori. Nobody wants to play on it. Which I kinda understand as its the worst map for survivors. I dunno if this is universal for everyone but for me as both killer and survivor its kinda frustrating.
Comments
how would you fix it? it's one of my favorite maps as survivor or killer tbh, the loops are unique, plenty of line of sight breakers for stealth killers, lots of really fun mindgames with those mini upper floors in heaps of rooms. I love the look too. I only find it problematic on survivor when I'm stuck in an area on the far sides with only unsafe pallets to toss, but that's easily solved by running toward the center.
Hawkins is a weaker survivor map, yes. No shack. No jungle gyms. Most loops (if you can call them that) are unsafe. For some killers this map is also trash. For example I don't like this map when I play Oni, Nurse, Spirit (because there are too many different sounds in it) or Huntress. But this is just my opinion.
Hawkins is absolutely atrocious to play on as Spirit for me.
I actually enjoy Hawkins as you can chain some pallets with each other, which creates new mindgames and therefore makes looping more challenging and interesting. However, it does depend on which doors are open and which aren't, and the map definitely has too many pallets that are completely useless for survivors.
like i said, aim for the center. if you try to stay in the corners or the far sides you're gonna have a rough time, but those middle rooms with the stairs leading to different vaults are incredible for mindgames. if the killer predicts you'll vault and you stand there instead, free time. if the killer follows you, you vault and he has to vault too. free time. do it again, it's all about predicting based on past behavior and conditioning the other team to make a mistake.
i do think it'd be nice if the one pallet room on the second floor had a bit more potential, you're basically finished if you go in there. the whole second floor is a deathtrap against a competent killer if you're not expecting them to come up, but that gen seems to get done pretty quickly anyway.
also! if you have an unsafe pallet in a corner on the first floor, you can turn it into a safer loop by using an open room adjacent to it for more space.
dunno what else to tell you, I do great there and I'm by no means a looping god. I really think it's just about map awareness. 🤷
Hawkins is my least favorite map because of how terrible the environments are. It's bad for spirit. It's bad for oni. Its terrible for nurse. And its atrocious with billy.