Should Rancor and Adrenaline activate the same way?

This is a personal pet peeve of mine- while these two are wildly different, the key point I'm pointing out is that Adrenaline activates when the Exit Gates are powered, whereas Rancor activates when all of the generators are completed. Nearly every game, they happen simultaneously, but once in a while, when the Killer closes the Hatch before all the gens are done (which powers the Exit Gates), Adrenaline activates but Rancor does not. It's a very niche situation, providing that the Obsession must be alive for the perk to be used, but my point stands. What do you all think?

EDIT: Perk Descriptions

From the DBD Wiki:

Adrenaline-

You are fuelled by unexpected energy when on the verge of escape.

Instantly heal one Health State and sprint at 150 % of your normal running speed for 5 seconds when the Exit Gates are powered.

Rancor-

You become obsessed with one Survivor.

Each time a Generator is completed, the Obsession sees your Aura for 5/4/3 seconds.

Each time a Generator is completed, all Survivors' locations are revealed to you for 3 seconds.

Once all Generators are completed, the Obsession has the Exposed Status Effect and the Killer can kill the Obsession.

Comments

  • I am confused.

    Adrenaline activated when all the generators are finished not when the Exit Gates open.

    If the hatch is closed and you have adrenaline, and you happen to be the obsession, I’m pretty sure rancor still activates?

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    I am confused.

    Adrenaline activated when all the generators are finished not when the Exit Gates open.

    If the hatch is closed and you have adrenaline, and you happen to be the obsession, I’m pretty sure rancor still activates?

    No, the perk doesn't activate when the gates are open, but when they are powered (when a Survivor can start to open them).

  • I think it's fair because rancor gives you a benefit before the gens are done/the exit gates are powered.

  • I mean it makes sense - if you're closing a hatch 1v1 against a survivor, I am pretty sure you already get the kill unless the exit gates are really far away and you are not Billy or Nurse or Spirit

  • @HealsBadMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1291790#Comment_1291790

    No, the perk doesn't activate when the gates are open, but when they are powered (when a Survivor can start to open them).

    Yeah I'm confused. I was on a team of survivors that had Adrenaline and they all got healed the second the gen pops.

    I've lost many games to the same kind of toxic set-up, so idk what you're talking about.

  • Yeah Rancor should proc (ONLY the expose + mori. Not the survivor location reveal. The survivor seeing a glimpse of the killer's aura can stay though since the survivor now knows where the hatch is and has a glimpse of what direction you're headed in.) when hatch is shut.


    Everytime I bring it up on Reddit survivor mains downvote me. Is it a bit crutchy? Maybe but NOED procs when hatch is shut too. How can I be one punch man and run Dying Light, STBFL, PYWF, and Rancor without being able to insta-gib the obsession after shutting hatch? Yes I could bring a Cypress mori and NOED but survivors see that coming.