Matchmaking still sucks

Its a lot of fun waiting 10 minutes for a match and then getting grouped with a bunch of super sweaty try hard 4 mans, one of which was rank 3, and the others rank 10 or below, while I'm Rank 18.

I know, I know, gitgud right? Well I'd like to, but I'm a returning player, haven't touched this game in 7 months till this week and these are the people I get to play against now.

Matches like this make me wanna not play the game. Is that the goal?

Still waiting for that "Solo players only" queue that I've wanted since forever. I would be ok with longer waits for matches to not have to play against these wastes of air.

Comments

  • https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/124795/status-update-matchmaking-changes#latest

  • Thank you. I guess that's something. I still wish they'd let me opt out of playing against SWF groups much in the same way you can opt of of cross platform play. It would be nice to have the option for a longer queue to get fair matches.

  • @Tiersis said:

    Thank you. I guess that's something. I still wish they'd let me opt out of playing against SWF groups much in the same way you can opt of of cross platform play. It would be nice to have the option for a longer queue to get fair matches.

    Now here's the issue with that idea:

    Which killers would want to face SWF groups? Not many, if the constant complaining and lobby doging on these forums is accurate. You, yourself, have admitted you wouldn't want to face SWF groups.

    So these groups don't find a match, and when they do they're going to want to enjoy it. They'll bring the sweatiest gear, best everything, all in the hopes they won't face someone who brings an ebony mori and facecamps to make their game as boring as possible.

    Plus, rank 20-15swfs would be in the same queue as rank 5-1swfs, facing the same killers. This would simultaneously kill new player gain and old player retention the absolute opposite of an ideal scenario.

  • Those are all fair points, I'm not trying to be unreasonable. It'd just be nice to have the game be fun for killers as well. Something should change.

    They get a major advantage being on Comms, that level of communication is worth more than any perk in the game.

    Are killers just expected to take it on the chin and have horrible games against these people?

    Give me extra BP, longer gen time requirements, make it not burn my addons or offerings, something. Anything to justify having to suffer these people when I try and have some fun playing the game.

  • @Tiersis said:

    Those are all fair points, I'm not trying to be unreasonable. It'd just be nice to have the game be fun for killers as well. Something should change.

    They get a major advantage being on Comms, that level of communication is worth more than any perk in the game.

    Are killers just expected to take it on the chin and have horrible games against these people?

    Give me extra BP, longer gen time requirements, make it not burn my addons or offerings, something. Anything to justify having to suffer these people when I try and have some fun playing the game.

    On the bright side, killers have been buffed pretty significantly recently (or the oens that aren't plagued with bugs anyway).

    Plus there's the issue of not all SWF players being on comms, or not all being sweaty tryhards. There are too many variables to punish people because of a minority.

    Hopefully this MMR System will help out and could allow people with higher MMR to have harder games (ie slightly longer gen times or fewer pallets).