How does Map Selection work?
I don't know if it's just bad luck for me, but I feel like the Devs need to take a look at map RNG rates. I can go days without getting Springwood and Haddonfield and weeks without getting Dead Dog Saloon. Yet I get Backwater Swamp at least 5 times a day.
Comments
Pure rng, modified by offerings. I get strings of the same map over a period of time, but other times it seems fairly varied, or a strings of a different map. I may be wrong, but I think some maps have different variants, so it is technically in the rng more than once.
Yeah there are multiple map variants, it just feels like certain maps have higher probabilities than others.
I know that there are random elements to the maps, but when i heard them talking about it before, it sounded like some maps are in the pool multiple times, while others are only in there once. I can't remember why, exactly. It was during a discussion on reworking maps. It's always possible that i completely misunderstood them. :)
I got Torment Creek three times in one night, then Disturbed Ward 3 times in a row. Wonderful RNG.
Conspiracy theorists would say that sometimes the devs need more data from different maps so they increase their numbers. But I think it's just bad luck
I would just like to see how its determined and if some maps have higher selection rates than others.
You cant deny a sudden spike in Farm Maps lately though