No MI-ther or no MY-ther

Alright this is the hottest debate there is, it’s pronunciation. I see people say no MIther and people say no MYther

how tf do you say it it’s driving me insane...

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • It’s my-ther, with an “eye” sound. David is a northern lad and that’s how we pronounce it.

  • I say "my-ther" personally.

  • Well, think of the word "Either''

    British people pronounce it eye-ther, but american people pronounce it Ee-ther (like the sound in Bee).

    I'm from Ireland and i pronounce it my-ther, i have some american friends that pronounce it Me-ther.

  • It's a British word. My-ther is the correct pronunciation.

    People who pronounce it Mi-ther (like myself, on occasion) do so because that's how they read it and maybe because that's how they're used to pronouncing it, not because it's right.

  • The devs themselves say No My-ther. But that's because they're French-Canadian.

  • I always assumed it's the same way you pronounce Wither.

  • @BeHasU said:

    Well, think of the word "Either''

    British people pronounce it eye-ther, but american people pronounce it Ee-ther (like the sound in Bee).

    I'm from Ireland and i pronounce it my-ther, i have some american friends that pronounce it Me-ther.

    No American would pronounce it "me-ther."

  • I love this topic. 😂

    One of those things you always wonder on the fly but never remember to explore later.

    I always questioned that myself and I end up using both pronunciation honestly.

  • No mither, I just googled it.

  • As far as I know its pronounced No My-ther with an "eye" sound.

    But in the end it doesn't really matter, since people will know what you are talking about regardless of pronunciation.

  • 2 of my friends are from Canada and 3 of them are from NYC, they all pronounce it like ''me-ther'' or "mi-ther"