Dead Hard not activating at correct time

Step 1: Load into game as survivor with dead hard.

Step 2: Get injured to enable dead hard

Step 3: Use dead hard right as killer swings

Step 4: You SEE "Exhaustion: Dead Hard", but killers swing still goes through and downs you. You use dead hard before the hit, but don't get the invincibility as soon as you use it

Tagged: Pending

Comments

  • I think the problem is that you're reacting to the killer swing in which case, you won't get the I-frames in time so the killer hits you. Dead Hard should be used to get closer to a pallet/window or to predict killer swings. Reacting will cause you to gain the exhausted status effect but you'll still go down.

  • @TrialByFire476 said:

    I think the problem is that you're reacting to the killer swing in which case, you won't get the I-frames in time so the killer hits you. Dead Hard should be used to get closer to a pallet/window or to predict killer swings. Reacting will cause you to gain the exhausted status effect but you'll still go down.

    Problem is you get downed even if the killer swings after you dead harded

  • **Dedicated Servers**

  • It's working as intended finally I would say. Why put iframes in a game like dbd? The dedicated servers made dead hard feel like an actual skillful perk now where you have to use it smartly and not as a i frame dodge like in dark souls. Thank you BHVR for fixing something finally.

  • @TrialByFire476 said:

    I think the problem is that you're reacting to the killer swing in which case, you won't get the I-frames in time so the killer hits you. Dead Hard should be used to get closer to a pallet/window or to predict killer swings. Reacting will cause you to gain the exhausted status effect but you'll still go down.

    Congratulations! You have described the bug I am reporting.

  • @Captain_Spaulding said:

    It's working as intended finally I would say. Why put iframes in a game like dbd? The dedicated servers made dead hard feel like an actual skillful perk now where you have to use it smartly and not as a i frame dodge like in dark souls. Thank you BHVR for fixing something finally.

    It may be working as you want it to, but it's definitely not as intended!! Sure you can use it to reposition instead of just iframes, but iframes is what it's meant to be. You do not get iframes at the same time you use the perk, and get exhausted, which is clearly an issue.

  • @marudank said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1282915#Comment_1282915

    Congratulations! You have described the bug I am reporting.

    You don't have to be an ######### about it. I'm telling you what is potentially happening. This has been a reoccurring issue that the devs know about. They'll fix it, you just have to give them time. You can't expect them to drop everything they're doing to fix one issue when a million others are more prominent. If it pisses you off so much, use a different perk or play a different game.

  • @premiumRICE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1282915#Comment_1282915

    Problem is you get downed even if the killer swings after you dead harded

    If I predict a killer swing correctly, I never get hit. It's all dependent on your connection to the servers and the killer's connection to the servers. There's nothing you can do about it, which sucks, but it's where we're at.

  • @TrialByFire476 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1283368#Comment_1283368

    You don't have to be an ######### about it. I'm telling you what is potentially happening. This has been a reoccurring issue that the devs know about. They'll fix it, you just have to give them time. You can't expect them to drop everything they're doing to fix one issue when a million others are more prominent. If it pisses you off so much, use a different perk or play a different game.

    You understand that this is a bug report section. I came and I reported a bug, I didn't come to get advice on how to play around it. It's nice to know that the devs know about it and thanks for letting me know, but they've not got anywhere which says "these are the bugs we know about" so how would I have known?

  • @TrialByFire476 said:

    I think the problem is that you're reacting to the killer swing in which case, you won't get the I-frames in time so the killer hits you. Dead Hard should be used to get closer to a pallet/window or to predict killer swings. Reacting will cause you to gain the exhausted status effect but you'll still go down.

    PFFF NO! If you want to use a perk to reach further distances you are talking about sprint burst not dead hard xD Dead hard is meant to be used to make the killer miss the hit, if people is using it to make distance is JUST because its bugged and nothing else.

  • @Captain_Spaulding said:

    It's working as intended finally I would say. Why put iframes in a game like dbd? The dedicated servers made dead hard feel like an actual skillful perk now where you have to use it smartly and not as a i frame dodge like in dark souls. Thank you BHVR for fixing something finally.

    Killer main spotted x) If you can't manage to play against it, don't pretend it's fixed xD You'll see when they finally fix it how disappointed you'll be ^^