Please BHVR spot reworking killers
I got two reasons for this:
1-you are basically nerfing then and they are not that powerful.
2-Do you see that only makes the killer buggy as hell? Look at the poor legion for example, we can't even vault with him anymore, with nurse we can't teleport, you are just getting this stuff worst for killers that is not easy already and when you "buff" then sometimes you are almost nerfing.
Tagged:
Trusted
Comments
I mean, neither Doctor nor Freddy are weaker than before. Both are a lot stronger. Legion is also not that terrible, but he is really difficult to balance.
And well, what you are describing are Bugs. Nurses Bugs are most likely due to Dedicated Servers (they started when they went live) and Legions Vault-Bug just came with the recent Midchapter Patch and will most likely be fixed (it is at least acknowledged in the Bug Report).
Let me break down your two reasons! ๐
Prepare yourself for this wall of text! ๐
You mean how they reworked the nurse (1.9.0) and she had that bugged lunge after every hit?
DbD's QA team isn't very good tbh.
I had a legion game where i can't vault the bus window. It plays the animation, but i'm still stuck a one side
Everyone wants to keep bringing up "What about this bug they didn't fix", which is fair, but don't consider the hundreds or thousands of bugs they caught during testing.
Don't believe me? Check the patch notes, you know the part almost everyone skips because it's not interesting to them. You'll see how many bugs they caught. ๐
Here my thoughts:
Wraith's rework: Better add-ons, boosted him quite a bit.
Trapper's rework: Still missing certain stuff, but he got massively boosted. His add-ons are really well thought out.
Freddy's rework: Definitely a success.
Legion's rework: Load of dumpster fire, could have been handled way better. At least they have realised how much of a mistake this rework was and they have slowly reverted these changes one by one.
Nurse's rework: Another failure. Despite wanting to make add-ons that dont mess up with muscle memory, they still created more. They added an unnecessary cd on top of a cd. Neglected all the bugs she got. Still has a large amount of useless add-ons.
Doctor's rework: Another success. Made him a lot better. Still some stuff I disagree with, but at least they fixed the important stuff.
Overall, I would say its most of the time an improvement. One comforting thought is that at least low tier Killers will always end up better, which is why Im looking for to whatever they do to Clown.
Edit:
Oh, and completely forgot Hag. Another massive improvement.
I think the older doctor was better since we could make everyone scream without cooldown
A lot of this could be subjective, but typically I am happy to see a rework, on the older killers especially. It's a refreshing change and gives something new to learn to go against, or to master yourself. The game is forever changing and a lot of the time older content falls behind. Not everyone is going to agree with the changes, but you will never be able to please everyone. :)
If the dev's do anything, it's buffing killer's constantly. We literally haven't seen a survivor buff in such a long time so I don't really understand the point.
Edit:I know that survivors don't need buffs. When I said "I don't understand the point" I meant I don't understand the point of the discussion that I was commenting on.
They love their cooldowns. First Nurse then Deathslinger. : P
That is because of the inherent strength of the survivor role. Go check out 2015/16 gameplay and tell me the game isn't even more survivor sided than it is now. The game is not perfect, but it is more balanced than it was before.
Because survivors don't need buffs lmao. Years ago you could fast vault from any angle and from right in front of the window. TRUE infinites existed back then. It's a lot more fair now.
My point was that they missed the most obvious (and game breaking) bug.
survivors dont get buffed, but killers get nerfed, they toke away TONS of perks that were good but now are #########, perks like Ruin, Hangmans trick, Tinkerer and many others
Kinda like my gigglezap rework
I'll keep him as he is tbh