Well I Made It To Rank 7 With 2 Pips

And I'm done with killer at these ranks.

I'm going back to 16.

Killers get punished the higher you go, and I can't stick to Nurse because servers are so weird.

Survivors is still much easier, I've been Rank 1 for months.

Eh, oh well.

How do YOU maintain your Purple/Red Rank?

Comments

  • I just play the game with whatever killer i want however i want, when i play with weaker killers i fall to around 3 or 4, when i play with stronger killers i know how to use 1 or 2. I dont try to be there id have to try to not be (which ive also done).

    Honestly ive played in yellow and green ranks recently. Its pretty boring, to easy. Even a full squad of purple isnt hard. Unless im playing with a killer im really bad with

  • I main billy so its pretty easy getting red ranks. Tho im currently rank 9 since im practicing piggy and huntress

    Low ranks are sooo boring imo since 4ks are guaranteed

  • I main nurse, although she's bugged and getting ignored for months. At least the devs fixed some of her deadzones in the last patch.

  • Honestly, for me, Killer is currently easier. Maybe this is a sign that now basically every Survivor is in Red Ranks, lol. Because as Survivor I managed to derank to purple again, just yesterday. Getting Ebony Mori Huntress with Iri Heads, getting one-hooked because nobody wants to get me and so on. Yesterday evening alone I played 4 hours with a friend and still managed to lose 3 Pips the whole evening. Dont know what is going on currently.

    So I am currently at Rank 2 4 Pips as Killer and Rank 5 4 Pips as Survivor. And I dont do anything different than usual, completing my Grinds most of the time.

  • I maintain it mostly by just playing.

    The most important is, to utilize every mistake the survivors make. It's sometimes so unbelievable that survivors will throw the whole match, by just trying to save 1 guy. Overaltruism is one of my biggest friends as killer.

    And don't feel ashamed for playing dirty. If you, for example, need to keep survivors slugged for multiple times so you can get back into the match, well just do it.

  • Tbf, killer at rank 7 or 1 is very similar, in the sense that you get matched often against the same rank range. I'd say that at rank 1 I get rank red ranks slightly than when I was in purple, but not by much.

    I'd don't try to keep rank, I just happen to get there and I don't sweat it. It's a game, I win some and lose some, I don't take it personally. Since they changed the gatekeeper emblem, pips are easier for killers even in the red ranks. There's still the issue that some killers can pip more easily than others due to their powers, but with enough play time I still rank up eventually.