So WGLF is gonna get a buff

I didn't watch the dev stream, i just looked at the thread summarising what happened in it. Apparently WGLF is finally gonna get an in game effect. I've been waiting for this since the day the perk came out, i'm so excited for this! Even if it's just something small and hardly game changing, it's gonna be so great knowing I won't be running on 3 perks only for a chance to gain bonus bloodpoints :D

Comments

  • At least the devs are finally acknowledging the bp gap between killer and survivor. WGLF having an actual effect means I could actually use it in an altruism or bodyblocking build and not just to farm, which is nice.

  • I hope it's something altruism related.

    Basically Botney without the Efficiency bonus. Though that may make Botney rather irrelevant if that is the case.


  • @DelsKibara said:

    I hope it's something altruism related.

    Basically Botney without the Efficiency bonus. Though that may make Botney rather irrelevant if that is the case.

    Personally, I hope it's something that can benefit both the player and the teammate (but mostly the player themself) like a temporary haste when you get a unhook or prot hit.

  • @Izo_Quartz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1280380#Comment_1280380

    Personally, I hope it's something that can benefit both the player and the teammate (but mostly the player themself) like a temporary haste when you get a unhook or prot hit.

    I like an idea someone else on the forums had, I think they said something like you see all of your team's auras and they all see yours for 11/13/15 seconds when you gain a WGLF stack. I think aura reading just suits the perk tbh.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    I hope it's something altruism related.

    Basically Botney without the Efficiency bonus. Though that may make Botney rather irrelevant if that is the case.

    Oh god imagine stacking the two healing bonuses on top of Self Care. Could be a funny build(more like degenerate lol).

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1280380#Comment_1280380

    Oh god imagine stacking the two healing bonuses on top of Self Care. Could be a funny build(more like degenerate lol).

    Botany Knowledge, We'll Make It, WGLF and a Purple Medkit.

    I wonder how much the healing speed will skyrocket.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1280403#Comment_1280403

    Botany Knowledge, We'll Make It, WGLF and a Purple Medkit.

    I wonder how much the healing speed will skyrocket.

    That's 316% speed or a 5.06 second heal. With add-ons at max I believe it's 346% speed or a 4.62 second heal. With a green medkit you can heal yourself at these speeds: 216% and 7.41 seconds or 246% and 6.5 seconds.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1280392#Comment_1280392

    I like an idea someone else on the forums had, I think they said something like you see all of your team's auras and they all see yours for 11/13/15 seconds when you gain a WGLF stack. I think aura reading just suits the perk tbh.

    What if it acted like BBQ except it highlights the killers aura for the same time as BBQ? Except within 40 meters as well.

    Main reason being we already have so many perks that highlight other survivors.

  • @xTalon32 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1280398#Comment_1280398

    What if it acted like BBQ except it highlights the killers aura for the same time as BBQ?

    I wouldn't really want a worse Babysitter. That perk is bad enough.

  • @xTalon32 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1280398#Comment_1280398

    What if it acted like BBQ except it highlights the killers aura for the same time as BBQ?

    I wouldn't want that. Map wide awareness of where the Killer is everytime you do something like Unhooks would be a bit much imo. There's a reason perks like Alert don't give you a long amount of time everytime the Killer breaks a pallet/generator to reveal their aura.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1280467#Comment_1280467

    I wouldn't want that. Map wide awareness of where the Killer is everytime you do something like Unhooks would be a bit much imo. There's a reason perks like Alert don't give you a long amount of time everytime the Killer breaks a pallet/generator to reveal their aura.

    LUL do you really think 4 seconds of reading off of safe unhooks and prot hits would be OP? Tell me you're joking, Alert is the same thing but with easier activation and longer duration, nerf that too?

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1280472#Comment_1280472

    LUL do you really think 4 seconds of reading off of safe unhooks and prot hits would be OP? Tell me you're joking, Alert is the same thing but with easier activation and longer duration, nerf that too?

    I mean seeing where to not go when going for an unhook is my reasoning why. I used Alert for the same reason, if I see the Killer breaking pallets/generators somewhere across the map, I know not to go there for the time being.

    Maybe it's just me but I really wouldn't want aura reading perks for Survivors that reveals the killer to be easy to use without a drawback. I know the Blood Amber add-on basically does that anyways, but you have to bring a key for it to work. And it has very limited range.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1280478#Comment_1280478

    I mean seeing where to not go when going for an unhook is my reasoning why. I used Alert for the same reason, if I see the Killer breaking pallets/generators somewhere across the map, I know not to go there for the time being.

    Maybe it's just me but I really wouldn't want aura reading perks for Survivors that reveals the killer to be easy to use without a drawback. I know the Blood Amber add-on basically does that anyways, but you have to bring a key for it to work. And it has very limited range.

    Good thing WGLF isn't easy to use. Being able to get unhooks is never a guarantee, and is why Deliverance is generally considered mediocre. So you say aura perks should have a drawback, so you really think Alert needs a nerf? As if the undetectable status effect wasn't enough lol

    Edit: Put the wrong status effect...and I main a stealth killer ๐Ÿ˜†

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1280392#Comment_1280392

    I like an idea someone else on the forums had, I think they said something like you see all of your team's auras and they all see yours for 11/13/15 seconds when you gain a WGLF stack. I think aura reading just suits the perk tbh.

    I could live with that. I would prefer it had an effect that auto heals after taking a protection hit after 30 seconds of not being chased by the killer. Give it a long timer to balance it out like 300/240/180 seconds.

  • @Dreamnomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1280398#Comment_1280398

    I could live with that. I would prefer it had an effect that auto heals after taking a protection hit after 30 seconds of not being chased by the killer. Give it a long timer to balance it out like 300/240/180 seconds.

    That sounds cool but how is it not just a straight up better MoM?

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1280482#Comment_1280482

    Good thing WGLF isn't easy to use. Being able to get unhooks is never a guarantee, and is why Deliverance is generally considered mediocre. So you say aura perks should have a drawback, so you really think Alert needs a nerf? As if the oblivious status effect wasn't enough lol

    the introduction of the oblivious and undetectable status effect baisically killed all survivor perks that read the killer's aura, besides kindred...

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1280482#Comment_1280482

    Good thing WGLF isn't easy to use. Being able to get unhooks is never a guarantee, and is why Deliverance is generally considered mediocre. So you say aura perks should have a drawback, so you really think Alert needs a nerf? As if the oblivious status effect wasn't enough lol

    I mean I think Alert is fine as is, the most it will tell you is where the Killer is and which areas to avoid. I still don't think it should be aura reading though, for WGLF. Mainly because I wouldn't want it to just mirror the effect BBQ has, and I wouldn't want Survivors to be able to use it to read where the Killer is just from unhooking someone. So they can basically guarantee a safe unhook and not get caught off guard.

  • @Izo_Quartz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1280487#Comment_1280487

    the introduction of the oblivious and undetectable status effect baisically killed all survivor perks that read the killer's aura, besides kindred...

    Pretty sure it's just Undetectable. Oblivious can still have you read the Killer's Aura. It's why Freddy's hard counter is OoO.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1280491#Comment_1280491

    That sounds cool but how is it not just a straight up better MoM?

    Because it doesn't actually stop the killer from downing you? It doesn't really even compare to MoM in it's functionality. It's more like second wind or inner strength. After the killer hits you and the perk activates the killer can still chase and down you like normal. You would have to escape and remain outside of a chase for 30 seconds to get the free heal. The perk would stack really well with MoM though so you could get the protection hits w/o wasting a ton of time or resources healing. 3 min cooldown would keep it from being too abusable.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1280380#Comment_1280380

    Oh god imagine stacking the two healing bonuses on top of Self Care. Could be a funny build(more like degenerate lol).

    Smth like this?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0K3uvG6b4k&t=35s

    Heal yourself before the killer vaulted the window. I love how broken the game was back then :D

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1280487#Comment_1280487

    I mean I think Alert is fine as is, the most it will tell you is where the Killer is and which areas to avoid. I still don't think it should be aura reading though, for WGLF. Mainly because I wouldn't want it to just mirror the effect BBQ has, and I wouldn't want Survivors to be able to use it to read where the Killer is just from unhooking someone. So they can basically guarantee a safe unhook and not get caught off guard.

    I guess not wanting it to copy bbq is reasonable enough, but it already kind of does that :/

    Guaranteeing safe unhooks isn't possible because WGLF only activates after the unhook is already safe. Plus, Babysitter kind of exists and prevents you from getting caught off guard. Strangely enough, using the perk doesn't remove the tension of unhooking survivors but that could just be because the aura reading is reciprocal. I know I'm coming off as kind of critical of your criticisms, so I'll just say I'm not against you having a different opinion, I'm just against you using improper reasoning. I don't mean to be hostile, I just want to know your thoughts and reasoning since you seem willing to share.

  • @Izo_Quartz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1280487#Comment_1280487

    the introduction of the oblivious and undetectable status effect baisically killed all survivor perks that read the killer's aura, besides kindred...

    Yeah I don't get why Kindred doesn't trump stealth anymore, or Dark Sense either. I guess Kindred makes sense since it's currently the best aura reading perk in the game but Dark Sense could use the buff imo.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1280495#Comment_1280495

    I guess not wanting it to copy bbq is reasonable enough, but it already kind of does that :/

    Guaranteeing safe unhooks isn't possible because WGLF only activates after the unhook is already safe. Plus, Babysitter kind of exists and prevents you from getting caught off guard. Strangely enough, using the perk doesn't remove the tension of unhooking survivors but that could just be because the aura reading is reciprocal. I know I'm coming off as kind of critical of your criticisms, so I'll just say I'm not against you having a different opinion, I'm just against you using improper reasoning. I don't mean to be hostile, I just want to know your thoughts and reasoning since you seem willing to share.

    It's all good, I'd rather have my opinions challenged rather than this forum become an echo chamber.

  • @Dreamnomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1280493#Comment_1280493

    Because it doesn't actually stop the killer from downing you? It doesn't really even compare to MoM in it's functionality. It's more like second wind or inner strength. After the killer hits you and the perk activates the killer can still chase and down you like normal. You would have to escape and remain outside of a chase for 30 seconds to get the free heal. The perk would stack really well with MoM though so you could get the protection hits w/o wasting a ton of time or resources healing. 3 min cooldown would keep it from being too abusable.

    MoM: take 3 protection hits for a free hit immediately

    WGLF: take 1 protection hit and gain a health state passively over 30 seconds

    They might not be exactly the same, but WGLF definitely outclasses MoM by a landslide. Killers already complain about MoM from time to time.

  • @Fiv55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1280403#Comment_1280403

    Smth like this?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0K3uvG6b4k&t=35s

    Heal yourself before the killer vaulted the window. I love how broken the game was back then :D

    lmao

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1280502#Comment_1280502

    MoM: take 3 protection hits for a free hit immediately

    WGLF: take 1 protection hit and gain a health state passively over 30 seconds

    They might not be exactly the same, but WGLF definitely outclasses MoM by a landslide. Killers already complain about MoM from time to time.

    No killer worth their salt complains about MoM. It is terrible. I would love if every survivor I went up against used it. Running around trying to get protection hits instead of working generators is the dream for a killer. The passive heal would only be outside of a chase. That is an important distinction. You can't just be chased by the killer and randomly get back to full health. If 30 seconds turns out to be too short then it could be extended to 45 seconds (anything past that would just be dumb). Anyway, it's just an idea on a forum that isn't going to happen so I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's just my opinion of what I think would be good.

  • @Dreamnomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1280514#Comment_1280514

    No killer worth their salt complains about MoM. It is terrible. I would love if every survivor I went up against used it. Running around trying to get protection hits instead of working generators is the dream for a killer. The passive heal would only be outside of a chase. That is an important distinction. You can't just be chased by the killer and randomly get back to full health. If 30 seconds turns out to be too short then it could be extended to 45 seconds (anything past that would just be dumb). Anyway, it's just an idea on a forum that isn't going to happen so I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's just my opinion of what I think would be good.

    True.

  • @Izo_Quartz said:

    I didn't watch the dev stream, i just looked at the thread summarising what happened in it. Apparently WGLF is finally gonna get an in game effect. I've been waiting for this since the day the perk came out, i'm so excited for this! Even if it's just something small and hardly game changing, it's gonna be so great knowing I won't be running on 3 perks only for a chance to gain bonus bloodpoints :D

    I wish it will 200% since survivors get 10-15k average and with luck maybe 20k i never see perfect survivor games unless they are running a build for it like ussylis's build to max out all the bps