Matchmaking Issues?

Am I the only one who gets placed into matches against people who clearly are better players? I'm a level 12 killer, and I constantly get matched against level 2-5 survivors. They literally run circles around me....


I know this has been asked before, but is this issue ever going to be addressed?


It is easier and better to just to quit a match when going against people who clearly outrank me for a reason, then it is to sit and wait for the match to be over with. This is including having to wait on a time penalty.


Please tell me this will be addressed?


Idea--- if there aren't enough people to properly matchmake on specific servers, reduce amount of servers, and buff those servers left standing up, to take the increased load so that way games can be somewhat fun again?

Comments

  • Hopefully soon, but I'm starting to doubt it. It's getting to the point where I don't want to even try to do the killer portion of the rift, and just do the survivor side with my friends. Every other match or more is against rank 1 or 2's. And I'm rank 9. Last game I got two hooks the entire game. Why the hell am I playing against them?

  • Yeah i just played against level 1s & 2s and got 1 hook the whole match. I couldn't even find them, except once. At the end, one of them messed around when gate opened, and i got them but at that point I felt bad because they had been doing so well the entire match, so I just carried them to the exit.

  • I just made a post on how this can quickly fixed

    @Branrich said:

    I think everyone can agree that matchmaking is broken in that the rank of the entire survivor team is often far lower than the rank of the killer. Survivors end up being rewarded with easy rank points while the killer is punished with a loss for "under-performing" in a match they already had a poor chance to win. This is also in part due to the natural killer disadvantage in the current state of the game. However, adding a performance-based factor calculated from the ranks of all players would fix this rank gap irregardless of the current game state. A simple method would look like:

    Killer Pips = Base Pip(s) Gained * Killer Rank / Avg Survivor Rank

    Survivor Pips = Base Pip(s) Gained * Avg Survivor Rank / Killer Rank (possibly Individual Survivor Rank / Killer Rank)

    If its not clear the net result of having such a factor would be that survivors would be required to perform well against other similar/higher rank killers in order to rank up and killers would be required to perform well against other similar/higher rank survivors in order to rank up. This means that a survivor team with an average rank of 4 received 1 base pip against against a rank 13 killer they would receive 1 * 4 / 13 = 0 pips. However, if the rank 13 killer received 1 pip against a survivor team with an average rank of 4 they would receive 1 * 13/ 4 = 3 pips. In an extreme example a rank 13 would receive 13 pips against a survivor team with an average rank of 1. Given the current rank method such a large gain might sound absurd but if you consider the it with the new method, this means that the killer had to perform well against 4 very skilled survivors and as a result had their killer rank modified to 10. This is a reasonably conservative reward for such a feat. It should be noted that with a weighted method the need for a +1/+2 pip system would not be required. A player would simply receive a base of -1, 0 or 1 pip. I think this is the right approach for a new ranking system because it mitigates the effect of the game state on a player's rank whereas the current system punishes killers for being at a natural disadvantage.

    In thinking of potential concerns with the suggested method only 1 significant one comes to mind: if a low rank survivor is tunneled or gets mori'd by a high rank killer they would receive a huge hit to their rank. My thought is that this would only be a temporary setback as a truly good player would easily get it back reasonably quickly. given the way the system works. On the other hand if a stop loss could be applied so that it would resemble the current lopsided scoring system where more pips can be achieved than lost.


  • Agreed. I was thinking this today. The matchmaking will eventually kill the game. No one wants to play killer when as a rank 10+ you are being put against Rank 5 and below. I played a lot of killer when I first started playing and found it was fun. Got my friends into the game and so I played survivor for ages and didn't go to killer for a few months. Went back to it at the start of this week. So far my experience has been that I will get 4-5 games against players far too high a rank for me. I will drop rank and then I will get one match against my rank. Then it is back to 4-5 matches against higher ranked survivors. Eventually the only killers you will have playing the game are high ranked ones and everyone else will avoid it like the plague.

  • matchup broken.png

    I'm main survivor. and my killer skills is not high rank. it's not fun to play as killer when the matchup is like this :/

  • I played with 4 rank 1 swf and the killer was rank 20 😭